Welcome to the Multiverse

Old May 27th 12, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Welcome to the Multiverse

This article by Brian Greene is the cover story on this week's issue
of Newsweek Magazine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ultiverse.html

Double-A

Old May 28th 12, 01:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

Op 27-5-2012 23:16, Double-A schreef:
This article by Brian Greene is the cover story on this week's issue
of Newsweek Magazine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ultiverse.html

Double-A

Alright, there's a lot of self-proclaimed experts around these part of
Usenet. Let's see how your logic holds up against some basic mathematics.

Math: 6÷2(1+2) = ?

I'll give two hints. This is NOT a trick question, and there is only 1
correct answer.

All tools used for computation are fair game.

(Yes, I saw this somewhere else and decided to post it here.)

Best of luck to all you geniuses ... this is a 4th grade problem.

Old May 28th 12, 02:12 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On May 27, 5:16*pm, Double-A wrote:
This article by Brian Greene is the cover story on this week's issue
of Newsweek Magazine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...greene-welcome...

Double-A

There are more universes in the cosmos than flakes of snow in an
endless storm. They are all exactly alike. AA Have posted that here
for 19 years. I kicked it around for 50 years. So why am I not on the
News Week cover? Life is not fair TreBert
Old May 28th 12, 04:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

BY THE LAWS OF ALGEBRA THE ANSWER IS 1, PIGO!

I BET EVEN YOU COULDN'T SOLVE IT!

IS THAT RIGHT?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Saul Levy

Old May 28th 12, 04:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ARE A SENILE OLD GOAT!

Saul Levy

Old May 28th 12, 06:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

I still think you're probably an idiot...

there was no calculators back in my time, ppl actually had to think,
well, actually there was but they were somewhat banned. no technology
for you!

Now everyone just puts what ppl ask them in google/calculator/whatever
and whatever it shows its right.
So yeah, Osama only got killed now, its in the net so it must be true!!!

Try to start using your brains

oh and = 1 or 9, depending on your country. In Russia it is 9. Because
in Russia dividing and multiplaying are of the same level and being
solved left to right. They do not have a confusing PEMDAS..

1 is the answer if you use BODMAS

6/2(1+2)

6/2(3)

6/6 = 1
9 is the answer if you translate the problem thus

(6 / 2) * (1 + 2)

3 * 3 = 9
Therefore finally proving that 1 = 9

Multiply this by the number of dollars in your wallet and bank account
and CONGRATULATIONS

On paper you are 9 times wealthier than you thought!

But

With only the spending power of you, when you, thought the answer was
1...lol

You little conundrum, you... :-)

Oh and I can't even spell IQ, let alone possess one...lol

The real answer though is either 9/1 or 6/6 and I can't do those
calculations, I am a Maths Lion, but I have nice nails...lol

6÷2(1+2)=

6÷2*3=

3*3=9

6+2+1+2=11

911=9+1+1=11

WAKE UP!

Old May 28th 12, 01:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 5/27/2012 9:12 PM, G=EMC^2 wrote:

There are more universes in the cosmos than flakes of snow in an
endless storm. They are all exactly alike. AA Have posted that here
for 19 years. I kicked it around for 50 years. So why am I not on the
News Week cover? Life is not fair TreBert

What a douche.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old May 28th 12, 09:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

One is the loneliest number. Simply use the order of operations.
What's the big deal?

Old May 28th 12, 10:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

YOU DON'T EVEN FOLLOW THE RULES OF ALGEBRA, PIGO! WHO CARES WHAT
DRUNK RUSSIANS SAY?

YOU SAID THERE WAS ONLY ONE ANSWER! THAT MAKES YOU AN EVEN BIGGER
LIAR, PIGO!

JUST SHOWS US AGAIN WHAT A ****ING UNEDUCATED MORON YOU TRULY ARE!

YOU ARE A **** LION, IMBECILE! CAN YOU EVEN FIND THE LITTER BOX?

Saul Levy

================================================= ====

Old May 28th 12, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:24:46 PM UTC-7, Warhol wrote:

oh and = 1 or 9, depending on your country. In Russia it is 9. Because
in Russia dividing and multiplaying are of the same level and being
solved left to right. They do not have a confusing PEMDAS..

1 is the answer if you use BODMAS

6/2(1+2)

6/2(3)

6/6 = 1
9 is the answer if you translate the problem thus

(6 / 2) * (1 + 2)

3 * 3 = 9

The answer is 9 whether you use PEDMAS or BODMAS because they are the same thing, see this...

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm

.... the DMAS in each stands for Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction. The B & O stand for Brackets and Orders, which are just different words for Parenthesis and Exponents (PE), hence PEDMAS and BODMAS. Division and multiplication have the same rank, so whichever is further to the left is the operation that is to be performed first, and the same thing applies to addition and subtraction.

So, the (1+2) is done first, then, working left-to-right, 6 is divided by 2 and the resulting 3 is multiplied by 3, giving us the correct answer , 9.

Again, PEDMAS and BOSMAS are the same thing... and the answer is 9, anywhere in the world.

Multiverse Koobee Wublee Astronomy Misc 3 February 7th 11 10:42 PM
Multiverse Laven Astronomy Misc 0 February 5th 11 09:44 AM
Multiverse oriel36[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 1 February 3rd 11 06:59 AM
Boundaries of Multiverse Pitch Astronomy Misc 0 March 23rd 07 04:16 PM
Where God is at: No Multiverse. Double-A Misc 30 April 27th 05 01:15 PM