Light-like events versus relativity

Old July 19th 11, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Tony M

Default Light-like events versus relativity

On Jul 3, 12:52*pm, Da Do Ron Ron wrote:

[.......]

"How are the different clocks in the [frame] to be
synchronized with one another? As follows: Pick one
of the clocks in the lattice as the standard of time
and take it to be the origin of an x, y, z coordinate
system, Start this reference clock with its pointer
at t = 0. At this instant let it send out a flash of
light that spreads in all directions. Call this flash
of light the reference flash. When the reference flash
gets to a clock 5 meters away, we want that clock to
read 5 meters of light-travel time. So an assistant
sets that clock to 5 meters of time long before the
experiment begins, holds it at 5 meters, and releases
it only when the reference flash arrives. Then the
[two] clocks in ... are said to be synchronized."

The KEY part here is that the distant clock is
PRE-SET to read Einstein's PRE-CHOSEN time x/c,
where x is the ruler-measured distance between
the clocks.

As Wheeler implied, the time x/c could have been
placed on the distant clock many weeks before.

The only problem with Wheeler's definition of SR's
definition of clock synchronization is that it did
not go far enough.

The word "invariance" involves more than one frame.

Wheeler used only one frame.

In order to show one-way light speed invariance,
we need to add at least one more frame.

Also, we must let the frames share a _single_ light
source because otherwise we are merely repeating
Wheeler's one-frame case if we place a light source
in each frame.

The main point of this thread is to show that Einstein's
definition conflicts with experiment. As I just said,
this can only be done by showing the definition being
applied to two (or more) frames which share a _single_
light source.

[.......]

One light pulse synchronizes clocks in two relatively moving inertial
frames:

Distance between clocks A measured by A = 1 lightsecond
Distance between clocks B measured by B = 1 lightsecond
Relative velocity between frames gamma=1.3
Analysis made from B's perspective. All values as observed/measured by
B.