Particles going backwards in time within the event horizon.

Old April 5th 10, 05:32 PM posted to sci.astro
Zanthius[_2_]

Default Particles going backwards in time within the event horizon.

On Apr 5, 5:43*pm, dlzc wrote:
You apparently missed my point about hubris, and us flatlanders
telling Nature what Nature "should" do. *We may be inside a black hole
now. *Look back at the past that is displayed and tell us what Nature
is then telling us about the inside of a black hole.

We naively assume the past to be in a state of less entropy and the
future to be in a state of more entropy, just because we have memories
in our brains from when the universe was in a state of less entropy.

An equally valid interpretation of reality might be that the future is
evolving towards the past. Who is to say if a photon is absorbed by a
molecule into the future, or if the same photon was emitted by the
same molecule into the past.

If my memory-structures came from when the universe was in a state of
more entropy I would certainly believe the universe to be evolving
towards a state of less entropy. Then I would believe yesterday to be
in my future, and tomorrow to be in my past.
Old April 5th 10, 09:00 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Zanthius:

On Apr 5, 9:32*am, Zanthius wrote:
On Apr 5, wrote:

You apparently missed my point about hubris, and
us flatlanders telling Nature what Nature "should"
do. *We may be inside a black hole now. *Look
back at the past that is displayed and tell us what
Nature is then telling us about the inside of a black
hole.

We naively assume the past to be in a state of less
entropy and the future to be in a state of more
entropy, just because we have memories in our
brains from when the universe was in a state of less
entropy.

No, we assume the future will look like the past. We see increasing
entropy as we move forward in time. It is clearly displayed in the
Universe around us.

An equally valid interpretation of reality might be
that the future is evolving towards the past.

It may or may not be valid, but it is entirely moot. If you wish to
"reverse sign", we can certainly do that.

Who is to say if a photon is absorbed by a
molecule into the future, or if the same photon was
emitted by the same molecule into the past.

Convention.

If my memory-structures came from when the
universe was in a state of more entropy I would
certainly believe the universe to be evolving
towards a state of less entropy. Then I would
believe yesterday to be in my future, and
tomorrow to be in my past.

Entirely useless, incorrect, and now wandering off into the woods from
where you started. Do you want to talk about black holes, or *be*
one?

David A. Smith

Event Horizon Telescopes Chris Misc 12 November 19th 06 11:31 PM
time flowing backwards? KLing Oar Amateur Astronomy 15 January 10th 06 06:46 AM
accretion/event horizon [email protected] Astronomy Misc 13 February 3rd 05 08:47 PM
>On The *EVENT HORIZON* - Venus & Jupiter Dance!< Starry-Nite Amateur Astronomy 0 November 3rd 04 03:19 PM
event horizon 6 inch newts on ebay simon.coombs3 UK Astronomy 2 July 1st 04 07:48 PM