The Infinite Universe (kst)

Old January 15th 10, 08:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ken S. Tucker

Default The Infinite Universe (kst)

Just now a lot of people think the universe is a tiny little thing
that god created 15 billion years ago, and a few years ago the
pope declared the uviverse to have been born in 4004 BC.

I find it truthful to regard the universe infinite in space and time.

The maximum of the evolution of intelligence is limited by
Quantum Theory, via action "h" based on discrete measure.

Then only a finite amount of thought can be contained within
a volume.
In a greater scheme, we can find within the universe that the
density is limited by physics, such as the plasmicification
of hydrogen to a plasma state rendering fusion via gravity to
form heavier atoms, and are stars.

We need to recognize two forms of intelligence,
1) inanimate
2) animate

(It's a pleasure to regard both).

Maximum intelligence is limited by QT and the speed of light,
based on our physical abilities.

I would expect, given an infinite universe, intelligence evolved
and only complex algorithms could levitate (2) beyond the
boundaries of QT and GR.

The intelligence of (1) surrounds us, that's why we're astronomers,
in deep respect to the cosmos.
Regards
Ken S. Tucker
Old January 15th 10, 01:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Woos

there is one thing that science has been unable to test, and probably never
will, and that's accuate perception of reality within a realm

for example, 100 people visit a haunted house
50 people claim to see a ghost
scientific instrumentation records cold spots but that's about all
the 50 people all describe the same thing (apparition) when interviewed
separately
science cannot explain this

another example are ghosts that regularly appear to home dwellers and
visitors who all describe seeing the same thing
paranormal investigates but does not find anything and certainly nothing
repeatable, hence cannot be tested
scientific method dismisses it as bogus
yet people keep seeing and describing apparitions

there are things that exist today that still cannot be tested by science and
likely never will yet they exist
ghosts? God?
it's more than mass hallucination
it's currently more than science can answer if it ever can answer

since reputable science dismisses ghost claims, how can science be so sure
that space-time isn't influenced by something totally undetectable and never
understood

to do so is bogus in my mind

the universe can be either infinite or finite

i think it was created too but science cannot test because there are things
science won't take into account because it would require new, not scientific
method based, testing

so science does stagnate in some ways

Old January 15th 10, 04:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Jan 15, 2:20*pm, "Bill Woos" wrote:

since reputable science dismisses ghost claims, how can science be so sure
that space-time isn't influenced by something totally undetectable and never
understood

An interesting point but one wonders whether our "illusion" of the
universe would hold up across the entire electromagnetic spectrum from
the atomic to the micro to the macro and continue to bemuse us even in
all our multidisciplinary imagery? I keep wondering how we could test
ourselves for being in such a "Matrix" situation. It seems that we all
have to go through a learning process to recognise everything that we
see. It is the odd occasions when one's mind is elsewhere that the
very unlikely is most likely to present itself. The surprise that the
unlikely engenders is soon over and apt to quickly reduce the unlikely
to the boring old norm. Sleep deprivation is one absolutely sure way
to see ghosts. Time itself is a very subjective matter which may be
considerably stretched and compressed by the conscious mind depending
on a number of factors: Stimulus, perceived danger, boredom, etc.

Old January 15th 10, 05:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 1/15/10 2:33 AM, Ken S. Tucker wrote:

I find it truthful to regard the universe infinite in space and time.

And how, pray tell, to you find it truthful to regard the universe
infinite in space and time? Cite your evidence please?

Old January 15th 10, 06:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/15/10 2:33 AM, Ken S. Tucker wrote:
I find it truthful to regard the universe infinite in space and time.

And how, pray tell, to you find it truthful to regard the universe
infinite in space and time? Cite your evidence please?

You cant prove religion, he "beliefs"........
Old January 15th 10, 09:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_3_]

On 15 Jan, 08:33, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
[...]

Olbers' paradox shows that the universe is not infinite in space and
time.
Old January 16th 10, 12:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ken S. Tucker

On Jan 15, 10:22 am, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/15/10 2:33 AM, Ken S. Tucker wrote:
I find it truthful to regard the universe infinite in space and time.

And how, pray tell, to you find it truthful to regard the universe
infinite in space and time? Cite your evidence please?

You cant prove religion, he "beliefs"........

Sam is a religious creationalist, god(s) are his belief, but
science is beyond that, and I meant "truthful to regard",
too mean other theories are alive and well.
Regards
Ken S. Tucker
Old January 16th 10, 12:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ken S. Tucker

On Jan 15, 1:55 pm, Mike Collins
wrote:
[...]

Ah, a finite energy density is a solution in an infinite spacetime.
Take an infinite number of connected boxes, each holding one man, and
they
all scream, where is the volume infinite?
Ken
Old January 16th 10, 03:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/15/10 2:33 AM, Ken S. Tucker wrote:
I find it truthful to regard the universe infinite in space and time.
And how, pray tell, to you find it truthful to regard the universe
infinite in space and time? Cite your evidence please?

You cant prove religion, he "beliefs"........

Sam is a religious creationalist, god(s) are his belief, but
science is beyond that, and I meant "truthful to regard",
too mean other theories are alive and well.
Regards
Ken S. Tucker

Still you have to explain away the evidence found by deepspace
observing.
Just stating that things are infinite does not prove anything.
If time and space are infinite, and homogeneous, you would find
a star/galaxy at every point you look at, and the sky would by
a blaze of light blinding you.
You have to solve that paradox, and disprove all other observations,
to make the infinity concept acceptable.

Until then your opinion is just make-believe.