Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

Old January 6th 16, 02:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Rocky[_2_]

Default Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

I didn't know there was more than one moon myself until I described what I
saw today to someone else as a "Second Moon" and then decided to look up
"Second Moon" on the Internet and wow, there were all sorts of things about
a "Second Moon."

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...954455/?no-ist

Old January 6th 16, 03:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sarah Ehrett

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 08:26:41 -0600, "Rocky" wrote:

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

Bast, drunk and bare assed on the hills overlooking Hollywood?
Old January 6th 16, 05:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Sarah Ehrett wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 08:26:41 -0600, "Rocky" wrote:

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

Bast, drunk and bare assed on the hills overlooking Hollywood?

Why not,....it worked for kim kardashian.

But seriously,...you just have to quit fantasizing about me, I only date
women.

Old January 6th 16, 05:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 6:25:43 AM UTC-8, Rocky wrote:
Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

I didn't know there was more than one moon myself until I described what I
saw today to someone else as a "Second Moon" and then decided to look up
"Second Moon" on the Internet and wow, there were all sorts of things about
a "Second Moon."

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...954455/?no-ist

From that article...

"It does takes Cruithne about 364 days to go around the Sun -- so that's why it appears to follow the Earth and also why it's been called poetically (but technically incorrectly) our "second moon."

Several other objects also have these orbits that resonant with the Earth--so they too could be called (again, incorrectly) our sort-of moons..."

So, the title of that article is somewhat misleading, but at the same time, the subject matter is fascinating.
Old January 8th 16, 06:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sarah Ehrett

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 12:46:36 -0500, "Bast"
wrote:

Sarah Ehrett wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 08:26:41 -0600, "Rocky" wrote:

Bet You Didn't Know About the Earth's "Second Moon"

Bast, drunk and bare assed on the hills overlooking Hollywood?

Why not,....it worked for kim kardashian.

KK isn't a fat Lezbo.