Mars Exploration Rover (MER-A) orbit elements (TLE)?

Old July 6th 03, 09:14 PM
Franz

Default Mars Exploration Rover (MER-A) orbit elements (TLE)?

I've been looking for the TLE of the first Mars Exploration Rover (MER-A,
also know as 'Spirit') currently underway from Earth to Mars, but could not
find any. Can someone give me a hint where I can find these?

Thanks!
Francis

Old July 6th 03, 10:49 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Franz writes
I've been looking for the TLE of the first Mars Exploration Rover (MER-A,
also know as 'Spirit') currently underway from Earth to Mars, but could not
find any. Can someone give me a hint where I can find these?

I don't think you will find TLE in the usual form, because Spirit is in
an orbit like a comet, with a perihelion and an eccentricity, so that's
the sort of elements you need.
Can I add a request for the elements for Mars Express and Nozomi,
though?
Old July 7th 03, 03:37 AM
Peterson, David

I've been looking for the TLE of the first Mars Exploration Rover (MER-A,
also know as 'Spirit') currently underway from Earth to Mars, but could not
find any. Can someone give me a hint where I can find these?

I don't know where to find the numbers, but the nasa website has
graphics showing where the three spacecraft are -
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mer/mission...trightnow.html