A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Summertime Once More in Gresham

Old September 17th 18, 09:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

Thin high clouds, but dry. Currently 63F as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 56%.

Went over to the community college again this morning. It is starting to come to life. Looking for a fall class schedule for Kim. In their Business Office they told me they hadn't published printed class schedules for their regular credit classes in 6 years! I was afraid I was going to run into something like that. All is online now! But so much the better. I know just a little bit about finding things online!

Still no action at the trout pond. No fishermen means no fish! Still waiting for them to stock it with those 20 inchers!

Double-A

Old September 18th 18, 03:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 1:57:58 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Thin high clouds, but dry. Currently 63F as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 56%.

Went over to the community college again this morning. It is starting to come to life. Looking for a fall class schedule for Kim. In their Business Office they told me they hadn't published printed class schedules for their regular credit classes in 6 years! I was afraid I was going to run into something like that. All is online now! But so much the better. I know just a little bit about finding things online!

Still no action at the trout pond. No fishermen means no fish! Still waiting for them to stock it with those 20 inchers!

Double-A

Sandy showed up at 1pm.Acted like she was not away. When asked she just said been busy.Now I'm sure she is 100% not dependable.I need to find a person that can hear to make phone calls for me.Still have not talked with the right people at Walmart. Weather here is like a broken record.It has to be that 2018 will break a record for little or no rain.A record of days without a cloud.A record for fires.Most not all thatbig since there has not been fast wind.Electric starting problem with van. Hmmm Have no way to test.Went to a car shop.He said its $50 up front just to look at it,but the $50 comes off when he has fix it.Still that means I would be leaving the van cartblonch and he could charge big $$$$ A mechanic lean is not a good idea.I have time and will fix it by hit or miss. When wires get 26 years old its a good idea to replace them all.Will do and might get lucky.Bert
Old September 18th 18, 09:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 7:34:42 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Thin high clouds, but dry. Currently 63F as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham.. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 56%.

Double-A

Sandy showed up at 1pm.Acted like she was not away. When asked she just said been busy.Now I'm sure she is 100% not dependable.I need to find a person that can hear to make phone calls for me.Still have not talked with the right people at Walmart. Weather here is like a broken record.It has to be that 2018 will break a record for little or no rain.A record of days without a cloud.A record for fires.Most not all thatbig since there has not been fast wind.Electric starting problem with van. Hmmm Have no way to test.Went to a car shop.He said its $50 up front just to look at it,but the $50 comes off when he has fix it.Still that means I would be leaving the van cartblonch and he could charge big $$$$ A mechanic lean is not a good idea.I have time and will fix it by hit or miss. When wires get 26 years old its a good idea to replace them all.Will do and might get lucky.Bert

I used to have the same philosophy. I spent bucks to replace the voltage regulator one time, and then found out my only problem was a loose fan belt!

Beautiful fall weather here! Sunny with blue sky! Cool! Currently 63F as of 1:15 PM. Expected high 70F, like yesterday! Great fall football weather! Wind west at 7 mph. Humidity 57%.

Don't you have a cell phone to call Sandy with when she's not around? I have the same problem though with Kim, because she turns her cell phone off, having a hard time keeping it charged.

Double-A

Old September 19th 18, 03:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 7:34:42 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Double-A

I used to have the same philosophy. I spent bucks to replace the voltage regulator one time, and then found out my only problem was a loose fan belt!

Beautiful fall weather here! Sunny with blue sky! Cool! Currently 63F as of 1:15 PM. Expected high 70F, like yesterday! Great fall football weather! Wind west at 7 mph. Humidity 57%.

Don't you have a cell phone to call Sandy with when she's not around? I have the same problem though with Kim, because she turns her cell phone off, having a hard time keeping it charged.

Double-A

Replace ignition wires and its seems to be working good.I was lucky.OK Sandy is back.I am weak.She has me 100%.In reality she helps take away my depression when I make her laugh.I bought a hearing add so hopefully I can hear her.Its a little better,but adds to outside noise.It came with 30 day money back.Bert
Old September 20th 18, 09:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 7:15:50 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Replace ignition wires and its seems to be working good.I was lucky.OK Sandy is back.I am weak.She has me 100%.In reality she helps take away my depression when I make her laugh.I bought a hearing add so hopefully I can hear her.Its a little better,but adds to outside noise.It came with 30 day money back.Bert

Some of the old time cars used to just get moisture under the distributor cap. All you had to do was to wipe it out the make the car start. Yeah, it's a noisy world. I never felt more peaceful than the time my ears were plugged with wax!

A nice fall 67F here under partly cloudy skies as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Dry. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 45%. The air conditioning here at the library is on the fritz. They have some blowing machines blowing air around, but this alternative is not quite cutting it!

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. Kim still remembers the time you called me at Safeway and bought me a gift card so Kim and I could have a nice lunch!

Kim wants me to thank you again for being so kind!

Double-A

Old September 21st 18, 03:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:58:09 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Some of the old time cars used to just get moisture under the distributor cap. All you had to do was to wipe it out the make the car start. Yeah, it's a noisy world. I never felt more peaceful than the time my ears were plugged with wax!

A nice fall 67F here under partly cloudy skies as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Dry. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 45%. The air conditioning here at the library is on the fritz. They have some blowing machines blowing air around, but this alternative is not quite cutting it!

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. Kim still remembers the time you called me at Safeway and bought me a gift card so Kim and I could have a nice lunch!

Double-A

That was many moons ago.I wish you and Kim lived near me,because I think we could do each other good.AA I know your a mountain man.You would like Mt Baldy,but not Anaheim weather.It never changes. Bert Ps We have been virtual friends for lots of years.Bert
Old September 21st 18, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 7:19:17 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:58:09 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Double-A

That was many moons ago.I wish you and Kim lived near me,because I think we could do each other good.AA I know your a mountain man.You would like Mt Baldy,but not Anaheim weather.It never changes. Bert Ps We have been virtual friends for lots of years.Bert

Yeah, that Anaheim weather must get awfully monotonous. A light bit warmer here today. Now 71F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham. Expected high 76F. Wind SW at 3 mph. Humidity 47%. Will probably rain tomorrow, and then start getting up into the 80s again. Library still too warm with fans running. Utility workers are digging up my backyard today! I think they are putting in fiber optic cable. Something I can't afford to benefit from.

Came home last night to a crock pot full of hot home made pork and beans!

Double-A

Old September 22nd 18, 11:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

66F as of 3:00 PM here in Gresham. Some light rain this morning. Cloudy skies. Wind west at 9 mph. Humidity 61%

Kim brought me some Korean delicacy food a couple hours ago. Had warm mung bean pancakes for lunch! I think I have found a good Spanish class for her to take.

The Beavers are trailing the Arizona Wildcats in the 3rd quarter 21 to 7. The Ducks get their spanking tonight from Stanford!

Double-A