This. . .is. . .JEOPARDY!

Old October 14th 03, 05:16 PM
Starstuffed

Default This. . .is. . .JEOPARDY!

Category: Amateur Astronomy
Amounts: $100 to $500

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

$200
Answer: Coulter and Dynascope

$300
Answer: Ramsdens and Rush

$400
Answer: NGC7331 and UGC12113

$500
Answer: 3C273 and Luna

Remember to state your response in the form of a question.

.. . .Alex Starstuffed

Old October 14th 03, 06:10 PM
guid0

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:16:17 GMT, "Starstuffed"
stepped up to the plate and batted:

Category: Amateur Astronomy
Amounts: $100 to $500

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

Who are the two most "discussed" members of this NG?
$200
Answer: Coulter and Dynascope

What are the 2 most legendary names in newtonian telescopes?

$300
Answer: Ramsdens and Rush

who and what can be considered the two most obsolete pieces of garbage
that come up on this NG from time to time?

$400
Answer: NGC7331 and UGC12113

What is the brightest galaxy in Pegasus?

$500
Answer: 3C273 and Luna

What quasar and natural sattelite have the same absolute
brightness????
(that was a wild guess)

G../0
Old October 14th 03, 07:47 PM
Edward

"Ioannis" wrote in message

$500
Answer: 3C273 and Luna

What quasar and natural sattelite have the same absolute
brightness????
(that was a wild guess)

Which quasar was the first to be discovered. Contellation Hydra if
memory serves right :*))
Ioannis

What are the closest and most distant celestial objects observable by
amatuer astonomers?

(where's my prize ;^)

Ed

Old October 14th 03, 08:20 PM
Ioannis

I wrote:

guid0 wrote:
[snip]

$500
Answer: 3C273 and Luna

What quasar and natural sattelite have the same absolute
brightness????
(that was a wild guess)

Which quasar was the first to be discovered. Contellation Hydra if
memory serves right :*))

Hmm, I am not sure about this either. How about:

Which quasar has the largest known redshift? :*)
--
Ioannis
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/jgal/
Old October 14th 03, 10:39 PM
David Knisely

Category: Amateur Astronomy
Amounts: $100 to $500

Goody, I want some money for a 24mm Panoptic.

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

What are two trolls on sci.astro.amateur?

$200
Answer: Coulter and Dynascope

What is one company which produced inexpensive optics and some of the first
Dobsonians (the Coulter Odyssey series), and what is a line of relatively
inexpensive equatorially-mounted Newtonians produced by Criterion
Manufacturing (both Coulter and Criterion dating from the late 1960's and
early 1970's)?

$300
Answer: Ramsdens and Rush

What are two things which should be avoided?

$400
Answer: NGC7331 and UGC12113

What are two designations for the brightest galaxy in Pegasus?

$500
Answer: 3C273 and Luna

What is the farthest and nearest celestial objects which can be seen in a 6
inch telescope?

--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 18-23, 2004, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *

Old October 14th 03, 10:48 PM
Starstuffed

David got 'em all correct with the following response(s):

[...]

Good work on the $500 response. I thought it might take a little longer for
someone to get it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Old October 15th 03, 02:02 AM
Chuck Taylor

No, he missed one:

"Starstuffed" wrote in message
nk.net...
David got 'em all correct with the following response(s):

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

What are two trolls on sci.astro.amateur?

The question is, "Who are two trolls on saa?" We still don't know "what"
they are!

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old October 15th 03, 12:36 PM
Chris Nicholl

Chuck Taylor wrote in message :
No, he missed one:

"Starstuffed" wrote in message
nk.net...
David got 'em all correct with the following response(s):

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

What are two trolls on sci.astro.amateur?

The question is, "Who are two trolls on saa?" We still don't know "what"
they are!

;-)

Actually, we know *exactly* what they are, Chuck - we're just too
polite to use that language in this newsgroup :-)

Chris Nicholl
Old October 16th 03, 12:49 AM
Chuck Taylor

"Chris Nicholl" wrote in message
om...
Chuck Taylor wrote in message :
No, he missed one:

"Starstuffed" wrote in message
nk.net...
David got 'em all correct with the following response(s):

$100
Answer: Shawn and Mick

What are two trolls on sci.astro.amateur?

The question is, "Who are two trolls on saa?" We still don't know "what"
they are!

;-)

Actually, we know *exactly* what they are, Chuck - we're just too
polite to use that language in this newsgroup :-)

Chris Nicholl

Hi Chris,

LOL! I stand corrected and must sit out the next Jeopardy round.

Clear Skies