Summer Triangle

Old July 23rd 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Summer Triangle

Here are a couple of mosaics of the Summer Triangle taken last week...

Small
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_small.html

Larger
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_large.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old July 23rd 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
George[_1_]

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Here are a couple of mosaics of the Summer Triangle taken last week...

Small
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_small.html

Larger
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_large.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Beautiful. Thanks for the links, Pete.

George

Old July 23rd 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
MThomas[_1_]

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Here are a couple of mosaics of the Summer Triangle taken last week...

Small
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_small.html

Larger
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_large.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Amazing! I didn't realize there were so many HII regions in Cygnus.

Old July 23rd 06, 07:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley

Pete Lawrence wrote:
Here are a couple of mosaics of the Summer Triangle taken last week...

Small
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_small.html

Larger
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_large.html

Whoa--somebody left a coat hanger in there!
Old July 23rd 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:24:23 GMT, Sam Wormley
wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:
Here are a couple of mosaics of the Summer Triangle taken last week...

Small
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_small.html

Larger
http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...gle_large.html

Whoa--somebody left a coat hanger in there!

Brocchi I think ;-)
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old July 24th 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Dave[_2_]

Really good pic, Pete. I assume You used a motorized tracking system.
What was the length of each exposure?

Now that the 20D has been discontinued, I wonder if there will be a
replacement.

Dave

Old July 25th 06, 06:52 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Jim[_1_]

oriel36 wrote:

Ten a penny on a google image search -

http://3ap.org/brunelle/images/camera_2003_1_full.jpg

So let's see one that *you've* taken, Gerald.

Jim
--
Find me at : http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk
AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
Old July 25th 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message , Jim
writes
oriel36 wrote:

Ten a penny on a google image search -

http://3ap.org/brunelle/images/camera_2003_1_full.jpg

So let's see one that *you've* taken, Gerald.

Please don't give our sneering little troll the satisfaction of a reply.
Old July 25th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

In message , Jim
writes
oriel36 wrote:

Ten a penny on a google image search -

http://3ap.org/brunelle/images/camera_2003_1_full.jpg

So let's see one that *you've* taken, Gerald.

Please don't give our sneering little troll the satisfaction of a reply.

Well if it is'nt the astrochav.

The constellations are a wonderful thing,in fact the Ra/Dec geometry
which keeps a star within a constellation tied to a terrestial
meridian in 23 hours 56 min bears a strange resemblence to a
warped-space-every-valid-point-is-the-center-of-the-universe you guys
subscribe to.

Let me show you what the geometry of 23 hours 56 min 04 sec looks like
-
http://www.opencourse.info/astronomy...tion_stars_sun...

Sometimes it is called Isaac's clockwork mechanical solar system or
albert's universe but it would be hilarious if it were not that it
highlights the absence of real astronomers.As far as I am concerned,the
worst is over,the silly wordplays that emerged with Newton cannot
compete with contemporary technology which affirms just how wonderful
the original Copernican insight is and the later refinements.

Would love to see the Panis Quadragesimalis of Kepler,seen on page 86
*, rendered into an animated graphic form in terms of raw data against
the stellar background and orbital comparisons between Mars and Earth
as he originally intended.

* http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/pdf/POSC_13_1_74_0.pdf

Old July 26th 06, 06:40 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Jim[_1_]

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

Ten a penny on a google image search -

http://3ap.org/brunelle/images/camera_2003_1_full.jpg

So let's see one that *you've* taken, Gerald.

Please don't give our sneering little troll the satisfaction of a reply.

Yes, sorry. Normally I don't.

Jim

Summer vs. New Orleans Saul Levy Misc 0 September 7th 05 12:07 AM
Undergraduates Study Astronomy and Atmospheric Science During Summer Programs at Arecibo [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 July 25th 05 08:39 PM
SpaceShip Summer - New Blog; New Seti@Home team. Derek Lyons Policy 0 June 24th 04 06:37 PM
The Galilean Triangle, 2004/2/16 UT Dave Mitsky Amateur Astronomy 0 February 18th 04 08:59 AM
Dehydrated from Summer observing? Mark Ensley Amateur Astronomy 0 July 16th 03 08:00 AM