Utah Nov 18 Fireball three videos

Old November 24th 09, 10:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

Default Utah Nov 18 Fireball three videos

Flying J, which operates truck and auto fueling centers in the west,
has posted five security cam videos concerning the 11-18-2009
fireball.

http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortal...27&_subpage=16

Three show the track of head and trailing streamer - which may be
enough for a triangulation assuming site specific information on the
camera pointing azimuth can be obtained.

Scopio Utah
http://www.flyingj.net/video/scipio2...-18_meteor.wmv

Richfield Utah
http://www.flyingj.net/video/hprich2...-18_meteor.wmv

Winslow Arizona
http://www.flyingj.net/video/winslow...-18_meteor.wmv

Clear Skies - C

Old November 25th 09, 12:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

On Nov 24, 4:28*pm, "Bob Lablaw" wrote:
Neat...the guy in North Salt Lake walking across the tarmac doesn't even
notice..lol

Lol. A fourth video showing the trail can also be found on a security
camera video from the Univ of Utah's new Frisco Peak Observatory
outside Delta Utah.

http://web.utah.edu/astro/leonidbolide.html

- C
Old November 25th 09, 12:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:39:47 -0800 (PST), canopus56
wrote:

Lol. A fourth video showing the trail can also be found on a security
camera video from the Univ of Utah's new Frisco Peak Observatory
outside Delta Utah.

http://web.utah.edu/astro/leonidbolide.html

It should be noted that this fireball was not a Leonid, despite the
labeling on that video, and some news reports.

It was caught on some other cameras as well (all of my Colorado cameras
saw the flash below the horizon), and there is good infrasound data.

Current estimates for a possible meteorite strewn field extend as far
south and west as Area 51 in Nevada. An odd sort of irony if any stones
fell there; they certainly won't be recovered!

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 25th 09, 01:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

On Nov 24, 5:58*pm, Chris L Peterson wrote:
snip
Current estimates for a possible meteorite strewn field extend as far
south and west as Area 51 in Nevada. An odd sort of irony if any stones
fell there; they certainly won't be recovered!
Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatoryhttp://www.cloudbait.com

Being in Utah, Chris, on a local astronomy list we received a report
from a Utah semismology center that triangulated "the terminal burst
location based on 7 Utah seismic stations, and computed the following
least-squares solution: 40.286 N, -113.191 W, Alt. 27 km." This is
over Dugway Proving Ground west of Salt Lake City. - Canopus56

Old November 25th 09, 03:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:59:15 -0800 (PST), canopus56
wrote:

Being in Utah, Chris, on a local astronomy list we received a report
from a Utah semismology center that triangulated "the terminal burst
location based on 7 Utah seismic stations, and computed the following
least-squares solution: 40.286 N, -113.191 W, Alt. 27 km." This is
over Dugway Proving Ground west of Salt Lake City. - Canopus56

So far, I've seen solutions based on seismic data, on infrasound data,
and on optical data. All different, with an approximately 300 km spread,
primarily north to south. There wasn't even a "terminal burst" so much
as a long ground path of disruptions, so there is an even longer
potential strewn field. At this point, material on the ground may exist
from west of Great Salt Lake clear down into southern Nevada. I'm
inclined to think west central Utah, but we'll see.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 25th 09, 03:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Chris L Peterson:
It should be noted that this fireball was not a Leonid, despite the
labeling on that video, and some news reports.

Indeed, it was not.

It was caught on some other cameras as well (all of my Colorado cameras
saw the flash below the horizon), and there is good infrasound data.

Current estimates for a possible meteorite strewn field extend as far
south and west as Area 51 in Nevada. An odd sort of irony if any stones
fell there; they certainly won't be recovered!

The CIA finally got that alien spacecraft back in the air! The only
thing we don't know is whether this bolide-like appearance is a natural
consequence of flying the alien spacecraft, if the spacecraft met with
disaster, or if the CIA created the artificial bolide to blind security
cameras such as those at the Flying J during a critical moment in the
UFO test flight -- to mask the blue glow of the anti-grav drive, e.g.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old November 28th 09, 12:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_3_]

Chris L Peterson wrote in
:

So far, I've seen solutions based on seismic data, on infrasound data,
and on optical data. All different, with an approximately 300 km spread,
primarily north to south. There wasn't even a "terminal burst" so much
as a long ground path of disruptions, so there is an even longer
potential strewn field. At this point, material on the ground may exist
from west of Great Salt Lake clear down into southern Nevada. I'm
inclined to think west central Utah, but we'll see.
Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Once characteristic that caught my eye in the security cam videos was that
the streamer extended down towards the horizon then the large flash
occurred higher in the atmosphere (outside the camera frame) - above and
behind the lower streamer. - Kurt
Old November 28th 09, 12:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

Chris L Peterson wrote in
:

So far, I've seen solutions based on seismic data, on infrasound data,
and on optical data. All different, with an approximately 300 km spread,
primarily north to south. There wasn't even a "terminal burst" so much
as a long ground path of disruptions, so there is an even longer
potential strewn field. At this point, material on the ground may exist
from west of Great Salt Lake clear down into southern Nevada. I'm
inclined to think west central Utah, but we'll see.
Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory http://www.cloudbait.com

Once characteristic that caught my eye in the security cam videos was
that the streamer extended down towards the horizon then the large
flash occurred higher in the atmosphere (outside the camera frame) -
above and behind the lower streamer. - Kurt

Hot Cheerleader Videos,Amateur Homemade Videos [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 March 15th 08 04:02 PM
WE NEVER WENT TO UTAH Starlord Misc 0 May 23rd 07 05:23 PM
Free UFO Videos Proof and Alien Evidence Videos and MP3s !!! Starlord Misc 3 May 12th 07 04:33 PM
Utah Fireball? Joe Bergeron Amateur Astronomy 0 September 12th 06 07:37 AM