ASTRO: NGC3718 clear: 2h 10 min

Old March 17th 08, 12:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC3718 clear: 2h 10 min

I was looking for an interesting target and found this last night

it is 26 x 5 minutes with no filter shot using the 18" cass and the Pl3200

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc3718_mk1sn2_pl32_geg_clear_2x2_26x5min_svga.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1781
Old March 17th 08, 01:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

nice image Richard! I shot this in 2002;
http://www.tisd.net/%7Ejng3/stars/n3718.jpg

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old March 17th 08, 01:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

yours shows me why I need a bigger FOV: that little cluster of galaxies is
really nice but I just caught the edge of them so I just cropped them out.

next time, Next time :-(

m...

Old March 17th 08, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
I was looking for an interesting target and found this last night

it is 26 x 5 minutes with no filter shot using the 18" cass and the Pl3200

I took data on this one when I did the second night of 4236. Moon was a
problem and its reflections or gradients seem to have cast shadows
around the most distant dust mots that don't match flats. Not sure if I
can salvage it or not. Haven't taken the time to try. Guess I should
since it is a common target right now.

Thanks to the larger chip I did get the Hickson group as well as the
other NGC whose number I can't recall this instant. Now if I can solve
all the moonlight issue...

Rick

Old March 17th 08, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Nice shot Richard!

reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.
et...

Old March 20th 08, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote
I was looking for an interesting target and.....

You found one! Great image of a disturbed galaxy!

George N

Old March 22nd 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

An interesting target indeed, very nice picture.

Stefan

"Richard Crisp" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
et...
I was looking for an interesting target and found this last night

it is 26 x 5 minutes with no filter shot using the 18" cass and the Pl3200

ASTRO: finally a clear night Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 1 April 16th 07 05:21 AM
Clear Sky Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 October 20th 05 07:55 AM
Clear Sky! starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 January 15th 05 01:01 AM
Should the sky clear ..... Lucy UK Astronomy 9 October 7th 04 11:56 PM
Clear sky at last Alan UK Astronomy 1 January 25th 04 03:13 PM