Can't read AIPS FITS output

Old January 18th 07, 03:44 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
[email protected]

Default Can't read AIPS FITS output

Hi

I've been writing some C programs to manipulate FITS files from AIPS,
usinf CFITSIO. I've been testing it on single channel FITS files from
AIPS and a simple test 6x6x3 data cube I created with fv (fitsviewer).

However, when I ran the code on a data cube exported from AIPS with
FITTP, it gives me errors:

--------------------------
phlr@kepler:~/PhD/programming$ ./FFTcorrel-3D cube1.fits cube2.fits
myout1.fits out1

FITSIO status = 104: could not open the named file
failed to find or open the following file: (ffopen)
cube1.fits
----------------------------

I also found I can't open these data cubes in fv, where it tells me
"File not found."

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thank you.

Regards,
Laura

Old January 19th 07, 04:55 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
William Pence

Default [fitsbits] Can't read AIPS FITS output

Laura,

The problem could be as simple as the program is looking in the wrong
directory for the file. Send me more details and we can further discuss
this privately, off the newsgroup.

Bill Pence

wrote:
[...]

Dr. William Pence
NASA/GSFC Code 662 HEASARC +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771 +1-301-286-1684 (fax)