live eclipse on web/TV?

Old April 8th 05, 10:45 AM
Maurice Gavin

Default live eclipse on web/TV?

Is this evening's Pacific solar eclipse being broadcast/ webbed?
Old April 8th 05, 10:50 AM
Beta Persei

"Maurice Gavin" ha scritto nel messaggio
Is this evening's Pacific solar eclipse being broadcast/ webbed?

Yes. Go here for a list of link.
http://skyandtelescope.com/observing...cle_1492_1.asp

Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

Remove "_nospam" to reply

Old April 8th 05, 11:05 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:50:07 GMT, "Beta Persei"
wrote:

"Maurice Gavin" ha scritto nel messaggio
Is this evening's Pacific solar eclipse being broadcast/ webbed?

Yes. Go here for a list of link.
http://skyandtelescope.com/observing...cle_1492_1.asp

Has anyone ever had any success with live astro broadcasts? Always
seem to be jammed or oversubscribed when I've tried.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old April 8th 05, 11:11 AM
Beta Persei

"Pete Lawrence" ha scritto nel messaggio

Has anyone ever had any success with live astro broadcasts? Always
seem to be jammed or oversubscribed when I've tried.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

I was quite successful on 2001 for the African Eclipse. Got good images from
Madagascar and Zambia, but one site was cloudy and the other too short...Not
to mention the pain connecting at 56k...

Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

Remove "_nospam" to reply

Old April 8th 05, 11:57 AM
Andy

When we did our transit event http://www.venustransit.org.uk/ we ended up buying more bandwidth! so people could watch live as we had 65,668 people hit the broadcast. and 5000 visitors in person.

Was a great day

And they can be oversubscribed as was mentioned.

Anyways

off to Kelling Heath for me now

See you all soon

Andy

Old April 8th 05, 01:47 PM
Philippe HAAKE

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:05:27 +0100, Pete Lawrence
Has anyone ever had any success with live astro broadcasts? Always
seem to be jammed or oversubscribed when I've tried.

Hello,

Yes many times but you need to be online very early and leave your
connection alive......

Good luck
Best Greetings From SWITZERLAND
Philippe HAAKE
ICQ 3128404
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/meteo
http://www.astro-ge.net/
http://community.webshots.com/user/beruberu1

beruberu@NOSBSPAMfreesurfDOTch
!!!!!!REMOVE NOSBSPAM FROM MY E-MAIL!!!!!!

Spammers, here are some email addresses for your spambots:

$LOGIN@localhost $LOGNAME@localhost $USER@localhost
$USER@$HOST -h1024@localhost
admin@loopback
Old April 8th 05, 06:09 PM
Martin

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message
Is this evening's Pacific solar eclipse being broadcast/ webbed?

Ty checking out Sky News Active or BBC News 24. Often they will run such
events on their interactive service (if you have digital TV) I prefer Sky
News as they allow full screen viewing on their interactive service, unlike
the BBC.

Martin

Old April 8th 05, 07:07 PM
Maurice Gavin

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:45:02 GMT, (Maurice Gavin)
wrote:

Is this evening's Pacific solar eclipse being broadcast/ webbed?

Thanks for references. I've simulated totality at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/solold.htm !!!
Old April 8th 05, 11:14 PM
Graham W

Andy wrote:
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY
DIVWhen we did our transit event A=20
href=3D"http://www.venustransit.org.uk/"http://www.venustransit.org.uk/=
/A we=20

Do you think you could turn off the HTML and post in plain text
please, Andy.