ASTRO: First time moon with Meade LPI

Old February 21st 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: First time moon with Meade LPI

Clouds, bad seeing and rather a lot of wind ... shake it baby :-(
Despite that all, I wanted to try my LPI on the moon for the first time and
this one came out. Five images stacked in photoshop.

I only can imagine that images made with clear sky, (almost) no wind and my
new 1.25" Shorty-Plus 2x Barlow 3-elements APO that is coming soon, that
those images will look so much better then :-)

Bynostar 130-900 Newton
Meade LPI

--
Menno
=====================

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lpi_maan_1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	453
Old February 22nd 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

TheCroW wrote:
Clouds, bad seeing and rather a lot of wind ... shake it baby :-(
Despite that all, I wanted to try my LPI on the moon for the first time and
this one came out. Five images stacked in photoshop.

I only can imagine that images made with clear sky, (almost) no wind and my
new 1.25" Shorty-Plus 2x Barlow 3-elements APO that is coming soon, that
those images will look so much better then :-)

Bynostar 130-900 Newton
Meade LPI

That's a lot better than my first moon shot. It's long gone. Was taken
hand held through a 900mm fl 60mm refractor. That was more than 50
years ago. Seems like yesterday however.

I still have that scope however! Use it mostly to keep track of a bald
eagle nest out my front deck. They should start rebuilding for next
year any day now.

Rick