Looking for UK Contact for Amazon.co.uk Purchase

Old September 10th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
reconair

Default Looking for UK Contact for Amazon.co.uk Purchase

Hello,

I'm in the US and Amazon.co.uk restricts sales of the described item to UK
only. I am in need of a Philips SPC 900NC Pixel Plus 1.3 MP Webcam for PC
and Notebook for astrophotography purposes. See this link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/explorer/...668625?ie=UTF8

The webcam can be ordered from Amazon.co.uk for 47.40 pounds. I would
prefer that the UK contact have a verifiable PayPal account to facilitate
quick transfer of funds to cover the purchase and shipping costs. If
someone is willing to assist, I will need them to do the neccessary USD
conversion and provide me with an accurate cost for reimbursement.
Obviously, I will send payment before you ship the item to me. If there are
legal reasons that prevent this, please let me know.

v/r
Scott

Old September 10th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
SJP

"reconair" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm in the US and Amazon.co.uk restricts sales of the described item to
UK only. I am in need of a Philips SPC 900NC Pixel Plus 1.3 MP Webcam for
PC and Notebook for astrophotography purposes. See this link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/explorer/...668625?ie=UTF8

The webcam can be ordered from Amazon.co.uk for 47.40 pounds. I would
prefer that the UK contact have a verifiable PayPal account to facilitate
quick transfer of funds to cover the purchase and shipping costs. If
someone is willing to assist, I will need them to do the neccessary USD
conversion and provide me with an accurate cost for reimbursement.
Obviously, I will send payment before you ship the item to me. If there
are legal reasons that prevent this, please let me know.

v/r
Scott

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Philips-SPC-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W11632CBD

any good?

Old September 10th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
reconair

Yeah, I found the link after I sent this message to the newsgroup. I
purchased it. Now I have to wait for it to come. I've used the ToUcam Pro
for planetary imaging with excellent results. Seems to me that the 1.3M and
increased sensitivity of this new webcam would yield exceptional
performance.

Scott

Old September 11th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
john p davies

Slightly OT but:

I have one of these cameras and thought that it would record images as
did the Toucam 840(which I also have). However, on the first imaging run
I found that if you use the video programme supplied with the camera it
records the video as mpeg NOT avi. Registax does not use mpeg. Is there
a utility that will convert to avi?

jpd

In message , reconair
writes

"SJP" wrote in message

"reconair" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm in the US and Amazon.co.uk restricts sales of the described item to
UK only. I am in need of a Philips SPC 900NC Pixel Plus 1.3 MP Webcam
for PC and Notebook for astrophotography purposes. See this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/explorer/...lpo_ase/202-16
90648-1668625?ie=UTF8

The webcam can be ordered from Amazon.co.uk for 47.40 pounds. I would
prefer that the UK contact have a verifiable PayPal account to facilitate
quick transfer of funds to cover the purchase and shipping costs. If
someone is willing to assist, I will need them to do the neccessary USD
conversion and provide me with an accurate cost for reimbursement.
Obviously, I will send payment before you ship the item to me. If there
are legal reasons that prevent this, please let me know.

v/r
Scott

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Philips-SPC-...l-Video-Microp
hone_W0QQitemZ330024707058QQihZ014QQcategoryZ461 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ
1QQcmdZViewItem

--
john p davies
Old September 11th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message , john p davies
writes
Slightly OT but:

I have one of these cameras and thought that it would record images as
did the Toucam 840(which I also have). However, on the first imaging
run I found that if you use the video programme supplied with the
camera it records the video as mpeg NOT avi. Registax does not use
mpeg. Is there a utility that will convert to avi?

Any number, and often either shareware or free as long as you only want
short clips.
I've used WinMPG http://www.winmpg.com/ (the current version
apparently adds a watermark until you pay for it!) and Smart-Soft Video
Converter successfully - I'll have to amend my web site because the firm
seems to have disappeared, but the product is still around!
As you can see I'm not up to date, so I'll be interested to see other
people's favourites.

optics-zone Gaz Amateur Astronomy 4 August 25th 04 11:49 PM
Purchase info for CAIB Report Volumes 2-6 Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D. Space Shuttle 0 November 6th 03 04:17 PM
"The Eagle has landed" NOT! Mark McIntyre Astronomy Misc 1 August 16th 03 02:08 AM
"The Eagle has landed" NOT! Jay Windley UK Astronomy 0 August 16th 03 02:08 AM
"The Eagle has landed" NOT! Jay Windley Misc 0 August 16th 03 02:08 AM