Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old March 23rd 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Rand Simberg wrote:

Yes.

I did. I even shook Werner von Braun's hand.

Well, whoop-de-doo.

This is the same Werner v Braun who famously said: "I aim for the stars
but sometimes I hit London and Antwerp."

Bob Kolker
Old March 23rd 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

This is nonsense. What is your problem with giving JFK appropriate
credit for initiating the Apollo program?

My guess would be the fact that JFK did not initiate the Apollo program.
Why do you insist on revising history?

Without JFKs pushing and Congress backing him, no Moon landings. It took
twentyfour billion 1960s dollars to put a footprint on the Moon.

Bob Kolker

Old March 23rd 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

I don't know, but I do know that NASA announced Project Apollo on July
28, 1960, when Senator JFK was busily running for president.

Not announced. Proposed.

Announcements follow proposals.

Old March 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:46:33 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Steven
P. McNicoll" made the phosphor on my

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

That is probably true, but Nixon had little to do with the success of
Apollo.

Nor did Kennedy.

Not did any president, for that matter, but it wouldn't have had a
chance to be successful if Kennedy hadn't initiated the program.
Old March 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Without JFKs pushing and Congress backing him, no Moon landings. It took
twentyfour billion 1960s dollars to put a footprint on the Moon.

That may be, but it doesn't change the fact that the Apollo project was
initiated before JFK was even president-elect.

Old March 23rd 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:17:23 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

Please, enough is enough.

You are beginning to sound like a troll.

I think psychological term for this "projection."

Troll is the correct term.

--
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Old March 23rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:08:53 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Steven
P. McNicoll" made the phosphor on my

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

Not did any president, for that matter, but it wouldn't have had a
chance to be successful if Kennedy hadn't initiated the program.

Kennedy did not initiate the program.

Then who do you fantasize did?
Old March 23rd 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:39:15 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

The project had been proposed in the fifties.

Not by anyone in a position to make it happen.

Werner von Braun was.

Old March 23rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:37:09 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Twentfour billion 1960s dollars to leave a foot print on the
Moon. Not a very good deal, was it?

It was priceless.

A lot better than all the money we have thrown down that rathole
called Israel.

Old March 23rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:39:21 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

I did. I even shook Werner von Braun's hand.

Well, whoop-de-doo.

This is the same Werner v Braun who famously said: "I aim for the stars
but sometimes I hit London and Antwerp."

When's the last time you shook hands with a mass murderer?