"A house in space" - Henry S.F. Cooper

Old August 26th 04, 08:08 PM
Dave Kenworthy

Default "A house in space" - Henry S.F. Cooper

I picked up a copy of this recently, and it took me a while to realise what
was so weird about the book...it has no chapters!

I understand that it follows a typical (?) Skylab day with recollections
from the three crews, but even so, it seems a strange approach to take in a
150 page paperback. Does anybody know why - is this typical of the author's
style?

--
Dave Kenworthy
-----------------------------

Old August 27th 04, 12:51 AM
Matt J. McCullar

I picked up a copy of this recently, and it took me a while to realise
what
was so weird about the book...it has no chapters!

I understand that it follows a typical (?) Skylab day with recollections
from the three crews, but even so, it seems a strange approach to take in

150 page paperback. Does anybody know why - is this typical of the

author's
style?

Perhaps it was just easier that way. I read that book some months back and
really enjoyed it, too. Cooper's usual style in his aerospace writing is to
include NO ILLUSTRATIONS or photographs at all. I remember reading his
_Thirteen: The Flight That Failed_ when I was just a youngster, having no
knowledge of Apollo 13 at all at the time, and I wasn't able to understand
much of what he was describing because of the lack of visual aids. (There
are pix in his Skylab book, though.)