FAQ for uk.sci.astronomy:location and contents

Old September 13th 03, 08:10 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Default FAQ for uk.sci.astronomy:location and contents

Dear subscribers to uk.sci.astronomy,

The FAQ for this newsgroup may be found at:
Primary location: http://www.astronomycentre.org.uk/UKSA/faq.htm
Mirror: http://www.astunit.com/faq/uksciastrofaq.htm

Contents:
~~~~~~~~
A. Introduction
B. Astronomical Societies
C. Astronomical Publications
D. Astronomical Software
E. Astronomical Equipment – Choosing and Purchasing
F. Astronomical Equipment – Maintenance
G. Astronomical Equipment – Mounts
H. Astronomical Equipment – Eyepieces
I. Astronomical Equipment – Accessories
J. Astronomical Equipment – Telescope Making
K. Astrophotography – Conventional Film
L. Astrophotography – Digital Cameras (DigiCams)
M. Astrophotography – CCD Cameras
N. Astrophotography – Other Electronic Cameras
O. Visual Observation
P. Light Pollution
Q. Miscellaneous
R. Useful Internet Resources
Y. Contributors
Z. Requests for Other Sections
As you will note from the above (and also when reading the FAQ) there
are bits that still need to be written. If there are any offers towards
this, please email me.

Best,
Stephen

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old September 13th 03, 12:09 PM
Martin Frey

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

E. Astronomical Equipment – Choosing and Purchasing

Stephen

I read posts with Agent and get an odd interpretation of your dashes..

In the original post they look like this:

–

when I quote them back as at top of this post they are correctly
displayed as a (long?) dash.

Is this a mistake or are you subliminally trying to convert us to the
euro? (if so too late - I'm a convert already)

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------
Old September 13th 03, 03:56 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Martin Frey wrote:
[...]
I read posts with Agent and get an odd interpretation of your dashes..

In the original post they look like this:

–

when I quote them back as at top of this post they are correctly
displayed as a (long?) dash.

Is this a mistake or are you subliminally trying to convert us to the
euro?

Neither. I think it's due to "issues" with "extended" ASCII; they ought
to display as a long dash and only be visible as "a-carat Euro-symbol
double double-open-quote" in the raw message text, and display
"properly" as an em-dash on the screen.

However, if you (and presumably others) are seeing them incorrectly, I
will try to remember to replace them with "--" when I next post the
announcement.

Thanks for pointing it out!!

Best,
Stephen