[ASTRO] That flood of an AVI just recently

Old May 17th 07, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Aidan Karley[_2_]

Default [ASTRO] That flood of an AVI just recently

The flood of a 31-part DiVX AVI movie passed through my machine
and got filtered off into a temporary location because it didn't have
the "ASTRO" header. but even so, I couldn't read it because at least 2
out of 31 parts hadn't made it to my newsserver.
Did anyone get the whole lot, and was it worth the effort?

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen, Scotland

Old May 17th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Aidan Karley wrote:
The flood of a 31-part DiVX AVI movie passed through my machine
and got filtered off into a temporary location because it didn't have
the "ASTRO" header. but even so, I couldn't read it because at least 2
out of 31 parts hadn't made it to my newsserver.
Did anyone get the whole lot, and was it worth the effort?

I doubt it. Idiots have posted massive posts like this before and I've
not yet seen one worth it. Usually they are something they could have
posted the URL instead saving us all a lot of trouble. My news server
didn't even carry it. Like you I leave my filter on but after seeing
your post I checked and nothing but a few comments, none positive.
Usenet replayer didn't pick it up either I see.

Any sane person would post a long video like that to You Tube or one of
the other video sites and post the URL rather than take up our
bandwidth. At 31 parts assuming say 300K per segment that would be
nearly 10 megabytes. My server only allocates that for this entire
group. If it hadn't of pitched it I'd have missed the posts of others.
Good thing it did!

Rick

Old May 18th 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Thu, 17 May 2007 11:46:42 +0100, Aidan Karley
wrote:

The flood of a 31-part DiVX AVI movie passed through my machine
and got filtered off into a temporary location because it didn't have
the "ASTRO" header. but even so, I couldn't read it because at least 2
out of 31 parts hadn't made it to my newsserver.
Did anyone get the whole lot, and was it worth the effort?

I got it twice, once in one avi file, and once in a rar file split up
into parts. Both were complete, and not worth watching.

Altopia news never loses parts.

Rescuers in Pakistan today reported rescuing a man from the rubble.
They became aware when they heard a faint voice saying "we're still open".