Did The Apollo Astronauts See The Moon Or Earth 'Approaching'?

Old September 19th 03, 03:59 PM
Skip Freeman

Default Did The Apollo Astronauts See The Moon Or Earth 'Approaching'?

I mean, did they have a window that they could look out of and if so,
did they stare out of into a blackness from which the moon slowly
became visible, then larger, larger and ever larger until they were
upon it? And ditto for when they came back to Earth?

I can think of nothing more awe inspiring than such views.

I'm pretty sure they did not have that when they returned from the
Moon but what about when they were going?

-Skip
Old September 19th 03, 04:25 PM
jojo

"Skip Freeman" wrote in message
m...
I mean, did they have a window that they could look out of and if so,
did they stare out of into a blackness from which the moon slowly
became visible, then larger, larger and ever larger until they were
upon it? And ditto for when they came back to Earth?

I can think of nothing more awe inspiring than such views.

I'm pretty sure they did not have that when they returned from the
Moon but what about when they were going?

-Skip

http://www.astronautix.com/details/apoo8829.htm

Once this page opens, search for the word "watch".
The article states that they watched the earth receding and that the watched
the lunar landscape approaching.
jojo

Old September 20th 03, 02:19 AM
VicXnews

"Eddie Trimarchi" wrote in
news
Subject: Did The Apollo Astronauts See The Moon Or Earth
'Approaching'? From: "Eddie Trimarchi"
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur

The servers have been taken down due to a particularly bitchy weather
pattern.

--

Please explain...Works for me.

Regards,

Eddie Trimarchi
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.astroshed.com
http://www.fitsplug.com

"VicXnews" wrote in message
(Skip Freeman) wrote in
news:178e088.0309190659.4fa4e4c0 @posting.google.com:

I mean, did they have a window that they could look out of and if
so, did they stare out of into a blackness from which the moon
slowly became visible, then larger, larger and ever larger until
they were upon it? And ditto for when they came back to Earth?

I can think of nothing more awe inspiring than such views.

I'm pretty sure they did not have that when they returned from the
Moon but what about when they were going?

-Skip

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

See for yourself

Old September 20th 03, 05:55 AM
Eddie Trimarchi

Yes for me too now.

The first time I tried I get a message saying that Nasa servers in
Washington had been taken down due to Hurricane Isabel.

--

Regards,

Eddie Trimarchi
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.astroshed.com
http://www.fitsplug.com

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur

Old September 20th 03, 08:41 AM
VicXnews

"Eddie Trimarchi" wrote in news:m5Rab.113295
:

Yes for me too now.

The first time I tried I get a message saying that Nasa servers in
Washington had been taken down due to Hurricane Isabel.

Thanks for the info...I did not think about that.