What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

Old June 22nd 07, 12:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:39:40 -0700, in a place far, far away, Ian
Parker made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

On 21 Jun, 16:30, BradGuth wrote:
On Jun 21, 4:33 am, Ian Parker wrote:

On 20 Jun, 20:49, BradGuth wrote:
ETs might stop by Earth for their R&R entertainment, as otherwise
Earth hasn't all that much to offer unless you had a death wish.

Earth offers knowledge. This is what they would be after.

The knowledge of Zion naysayism on a stick isn't hardly worth our
infomercial crapolla that's flowing up hill, at least not to any ET
worth their salt. If you have interplanetary and/or much less
interstellar capability, as such Earth is pretty much worth nothing
except trouble.
-

I must say I find you extremely difficult to understand.

That's because he's even more crazy than you are. It's a waste of
time to discourse with him.
Old June 22nd 07, 01:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Ian Parker

On 22 Jun, 12:36, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
[...]

time to discourse with him.- Hide quoted text -

You have not made a contribution. You have simply called names.
Typical of you.

- Ian Parker

Old June 22nd 07, 02:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 05:55:51 -0700, in a place far, far away, Ian
[...]

I have simply spoken truth. Neither I, or any other sane person, has
any interest in reading Brad Guth's posts, or anyone else's responses
to them.

Typical of you.

Yes, indeed it is.
Old June 22nd 07, 03:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Ian Parker

On 22 Jun, 14:10, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
[...]

The question of UFO and ETs is a question that loads and loads of
people have asked from time to time. Now we have a definitive
conclusion.

It is not just Brad Guth. There are a whole host of people out there.
There is in fact a complete newsgroup devoted just to this one
subject.

Jack Sarfetti keeps on posting on Warp Drive, completely oblivious of

1) The paradoxes - starker in QM form.
2) The fact that spacecraft will be very mini.

Neither of these has been taken on board.

Having reached a definitive conclusion I hope posting will cease or at
any rate die down. Jack, who is a PhD theoretical physicist and really
ought to know better will continue to think of himself as one of the
Guardians. Again oblivious of the fact that the guardians are AI - if
there are any.

- Ian Parker

Old June 22nd 07, 03:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:48:49 -0700, in a place far, far away, Ian
[...]

Which is completely irrelevant to my point, which is that Brad Guth is
nuts, and that we should stop encouraging him by responding to his
insanity, and hope that he some day gets help.
Old June 22nd 07, 04:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Fred J. McCall

Ian Parker wrote:

:
:You have not made a contribution. You have simply called names.
:Typical of you.
:

You have not made a contribution. You have simply spewed loony.
Typical of you.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old June 22nd 07, 04:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Fred J. McCall

Ian Parker wrote:

:
:The question of UFO and ETs is a question that loads and loads of
eople have asked from time to time. Now we have a definitive
:conclusion.
:

Of course we do.

snicker

:
:It is not just Brad Guth. There are a whole host of people out there.
:There is in fact a complete newsgroup devoted just to this one
:subject.
:

Then please confine this idiocy to whichever newsgroup that would
happen to be. So far as I can tell, NONE of the ones this bilge is
currently going to would be that newsgroup.

:
:Jack Sarfetti keeps on posting on Warp Drive, completely oblivious of
:
:1) The paradoxes - starker in QM form.
:2) The fact that spacecraft will be very mini.
:
:Neither of these has been taken on board.
:

And the second one needn't be, because:

1) The first one is a killer.

2) The second one doesn't follow from anything.

:
:Having reached a definitive conclusion I hope posting will cease or at
:any rate die down. Jack, who is a PhD theoretical physicist and really
ught to know better will continue to think of himself as one of the
:Guardians. Again oblivious of the fact that the guardians are AI - if
:there are any.
:

Loons never stop just because one of them thinks they've reached "a
definitive conclusion".

--
"While he was not dumber than an ox he was not any smarter either."
-- James Thurber
Old June 22nd 07, 06:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

We have "locals/ETs making Venus happen, in spite of ourselves"

There is or at least once upon a time there has been other intelligent
life existing/coexisting on Venus, and lo and behold I've still got
those rather nifty radar obtained pictures of 36 confirming looks per
pixel, plus all the regular laws of physics and the best available
science on my side of this deductive observationology interpretation.

At least there's still no other viable explanation as to those hot
rocks looking so entirely rational, configured as though representing
a township along with its bridge, multiple reservoirs, tarmac and even
a few too many other engineered attributes like a few airships that
would make perfectly good sense.

Not that we humans along with our usual naysay mindset could ever
appreciate what to do with all of the renewable energy that's so
freaking available, the hundreds of teratonnes worth of h2o that's
contained within them acidic clouds, the advantage afforded by way of
having 90.5% gravity along with the 65 kg/m3 worth of buoyancy, or any
of the easily extractable raw elements because of all the active
geothermal conditions of the surrounding surface that's losing roughly
256 fold greater geothermal energy than Earth (because Venus is less
old than Earth).

Just because its robust atmosphere is chuck full of S8 and CO2 plus
other newish planetology considerations doesn't mean that a sufficient
Ovglove suit and applied technology couldn't accommodate a few our
highly bigoted souls of such profound denial. Of course, cruising
along within our composite rigid airship, along with all of that ice
cold beer and pizza isn't exactly all that insurmountable for doing
Venus in the buff (sort of speak). Even the Venus L2(VL2) POOF city
is technically doable for our frail DNA as of more than a decade ago.

Unfortunately, the naysayers of Usenet are in such total denial that
even multiple truths confirming anything that's off-world intelligent
isn't worth squat, as they'd much rather insist that we've walked on
our moon, and otherwise insist that we can manage to survive on the
likes of Mars or that of some godforsaken other moon that'll cost us
trillions of our hard earned loot, with damn little if anything to
show for it, other than a few weird spores that could easily terminate
most all of human life and a few too many other species back here on
mother Earth that's in the process of going GW postal on us because of
our physically dark, somewhat salty and otherwise absolutely
impressive mascon worth of such a nearby moon, that's unavoidably
impacting our 98.5% fluid Earth in a very GW way.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth

Old June 22nd 07, 07:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Chris.B

There's a terrifying lack of intelligence shown in this thread!

Synchronicity is the main problem for any intelligent race hoping to
contact other worlds.
(Billions of years are at play here. There's no such thing as a "near
miss" in time! ie: See Mars "coastline" and weep for our fossilised
cousins)

No species of any intelligence will travel in hope for generations
unless there is absolutely nothing to come back to.
("They" sent billions of AI robots or genetically-modified subordinate
species out in an expanding circle. Can't you tell them apart?)

"They" don't need slaves.
("They" simply build robots to carry out any task beyond their
simplest everyday needs)

"They" don't need our world's resources.
(Resources are the materials of an undeveloped/overpopulated world)

"They" find the empty bigotry of our world a barrier to "intelligent"
communication.
("We" do seem to have locked ourselves into rigid control systems with
zero feedback. Politics, religion, pollution, global warming, etc)

"They" might well have a problem with bacteria and viruses.
("Ours" and "theirs"!)

"They" exist in the sense that their flying craft have been clearly
seen by many completely normal witnesses.
(not the vast numbers Americans who dream they have seen flying
saucers in the twilight world just as they drop off to sleep)

"They" would laugh at our flying saucer rumours.
("They" use far more suitable vehicles in our atmosphere because,
quite simply, they have nothing to prove)

"We" are no more than endless copies of mass assemblages of chemically
programmed bacteria. "They" probably are too.
(Which means "They" needed fluid water on their planet for several
billions of years just for cells to develop an exo-membrane from the
soup after an almost infinite numbers of failed attempts)

"Their leader" told me last night that (despite my desperate pleas)
Brad Guth is completely beyond their relatively advanced ability to
repair such extensive brain damage.
(He is, apparently, much more of an alien than they are!)