"Good news" -- Spirit responds in 'cripple mode'

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26th 04, 05:33 AM
Bill Bonde ( the oblique allusion in lieu of the f

Default "Good news" -- Spirit responds in 'cripple mode'

Henry Spencer wrote:

In article ,
Brett O'Callaghan wrote:
JPL folks were much cheerier today, they have been successfully commanding
Spirit in a mode that avoids use of some of its memory modules -- 'Flash
memort' -- which is suspect.

Has Flash RAM been used in past space probes in any significant way?

Quite successfully on Deep Space 1, as I recall.

Where might one find technical information on the rover such as details
on the computer hardware and software?

No U.S. Hab Module may be good news Peter Altschuler Space Station 5 July 27th 04 12:59 AM
More good news Scott Lowther Policy 95 January 15th 04 02:08 PM
comment from Spirit news briefing my brush with greatness Brian Gaff Policy 0 January 5th 04 12:53 PM
Good news for space policy Greg Kuperberg Policy 61 August 4th 03 03:42 AM