Brad Guth's Credentials

Old March 18th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Default Brad Guth's Credentials

In message , Chuck Stewart
writes
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:12:23 -0500, Robert Juliano wrote:

Peter Twydell wrote:

As the Iron Duke said: 'If you believe that, you will believe anything'.
Even this paragraph is incomprehensible.

This thread looks as if it will outlast Cats or Phantom. Is there a
chance we could get Andrew Lloyd Webber to set it to music?

sounds good. Let's figure out a few of the murky areas, and we can set
it up. some points of question...
1.) Should this be a set piece, or a moving stage?
2.) do we want dance routines? (the dancing guth-boys?)
3.) should we have an intermission? should we sell meds at the intermission?

4.) does Guth die in the play? Does his spirit live on?

Bob

Some of the songs are already written by
Pat Flannery. And yes, Guth dies... as
strangely as he's lived

begin quote of classic Pat Flannery
=====================================

"Brad Guth" wrote

There's life on Venus; obviously NOT as we know it,

And there's Klingons off the starboard bow, Jim.

Given the temperature, I'd suspect something more along Horta/Tholian
lines.... but I think Murderous Magma Monsters; inherent enemy
of the Vensian Firewomen and their Pterodactyl allies, are the real
threat of that sphere shining in the twilight with it's
unholy light.

And since Brad was nice enough to send the
post to all these different groups- three
times to sci.space.history alone; it's about
time for a little retaliation...in song of
course; to the tune of "Venus" by Banarama:

You must be one of the new kids on the block. The original was by Dutch
group Shocking Blue, way way back in 1970. I've still got an LP of
theirs somewhere. Unfortunately, lead singer Mariska has gone the way of
Catherine Bach.

http://www.geocities.com/ofmang/greg/shockblu.html

How about, as an alternative title:
The Guth - The Brad and the Ugly
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old March 18th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

"Brad Guth" gulped another glass of cheap bourbon, and blathered:

For props we'll need a tether, a cannon and an elevator. Some cows...

Make that a battery of lose cannons, a robotic 4.84 GPa composite of

Zzzzzzzz.......

exoskeletal friends returning from Venus, just for their retroactive
task of kicking some serious Pope butt. At this point is when
everything moves over to Vatican City for the finally of vaporising it

"THAT'S MY BRAD!"

(audience laughter)

Old March 18th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Rand Simberg,
I'm not the bad guy here, and I'm not even slightly the messenger from
hell. I'm just sharing my best observationology that's been telling
myself that we've overlooked a somewhat special location on Venus, that
which clearly beholds what looks far too intelligent/artificial rather
than not.

MESSENGER Lines Up for Venus Flyby
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.a...f24a1f10fda7ae
LIBERATOR;
Well a couple of questions arise. You say they've "imaged" Earth,
Venus, & so on. How do we know what planet they really imaged, when
they're saying they're feeding us a picture of Venus?

That's a good point, as well as how do we know this Earth is our home
world?
Just because we're born here doesn't prove that Earth is our natural
home world.

I have no independent proof-positive those images from the Magellan
mission are any more so of Venus than I have proof those supposed
NASA/Apollo EVA Kodak moments are of those images supposedly obtained
while situated upon the surface of our moon. Although, at least the
laws of photon physics as proven by the hard-science of Kodak and
therefore I too can quite easily prove those NASA/Apollo EVA images are
bogus. However, I can't hardly imagine the motives or any other fuzzy
logic for the vast archive of those radar images of 75 m/pixel not
being those of Venus.

How do we know that they didn't image Earth, and then tell us it was
Venus?

We have similar SAR images of Earth, some of which obtained by the very
same class of radar imaging instrument and lo and behold, Earth doesn't
look nearly the same, especially of the vast expanse that's water, of
which radar imaging typically depicts water as being recorded as a
nearly zero signal that's usually transfered into GIF format depicted
as black is pretty much a dead give away.

Do you believe personally that there is life on Venus?
From what little I've learned of regular laws of physics, of

extremophile and regular biology and from the best available soft and
hard-science known about Venus, if that were reasonably added in
support of my subjective interpretation of what the primary image has
been telling us, that which I've pointed out for 6+ years as indicating
what's most likely intelligent/artificial, as such I'd have to say YES!
I personally believe there has been and that there's a damn good and
perfectly rational chance there still is other intelligent life on
Venus.

This doesn't represent that such other life is strictly derived from
the original evolutionary process. Though natural evolution is
entirely possible and certainly capable of having adapted to the
existing situation, I tend to favor the imported form of intelligent
other life (aka ETs) as simply going about doing their thing, just
exactly like we'd be doing if we could.

What I'm suggesting, is that in addition to uncovering the likes of
extremophiles or perhaps barely heathen status is that we'll have
discovered a little of both being the case, with Venusian locals and
visiting ETs somewhat working the easily available resources for the
better good and benefit of each species that has an established nitch
of existence to hold onto. What I need is a little sharing of the
talents and resources of others that'll help to refine and focus our
best efforts upon achieving the best possible results from the next
missions to Venus. For starters, I'd like to get the VL2-TRACE
platform into it's station-keeping duties as soon as possible.
-
Brad Guth

Old March 19th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Some of the songs are already written by
Pat Flannery. And yes, Guth dies... as
strangely as he's lived

What's the problem, Chucky?
Now you're down to the dregs of accepting what others are having to
say?

Why don't you contribute something/anything that's positive about our
moon, LL-1 or about Venus or that of VL-2 ?

Have you nothing positive to contribute? Are you a brown-nosed wuss?
-
Brad Guth

Old March 19th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

I wrote:

Hmmm, with Brad's limited vocabulary, can you imagine what it must be like at the Guth household?.....

"Dinner is ready, dear! Are you coming?"

"NO! I have to tell off these brown-nosed minions of ****ology!"

"Um, that's nice dear... but your dinner is getting cold..."

"Dammit woman, I smell butt cheeks... are you part of their spookologist conspiracy now?"

"No dear, we're having pork chops, your favorite!"

"Don't naysay me woman! I wrote the book on buttology! I smell crapola!"

"No dear, I just burnt the biscuits a little. Dear, did you take your meds today?"

"Don't give me that third-reich MIB crapola! Just slide my dinner under the door!"

"O.k., honey... by the way, what would you like for breakfast in the morning?"

"Scrappola! With two incest-cloned eggs, conspiracy-side-up!!!!"

I always pictured it more like this: "And if you're a good boy and take
your meds, the doctors will unstrap you and let you watch television
tonight." :-)

Pat
Old March 19th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Some of the songs are already written by
Pat Flannery. And yes, Guth dies... as
strangely as he's lived

Those posting of his gave me a great deal of inspiration; and I've still
got to get one of these and uniform it for the VPC:
http://shopping.discovery.com/product-53975.html :-D

Pat
Old March 19th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Peter Twydell wrote:

You must be one of the new kids on the block. The original was by
Dutch group Shocking Blue, way way back in 1970.

Yeah, but everybody but everybody saw the video of Bananarama's cover of it.
And let's face it- Bananarama WERE Venusian Firewomen. :-D

Pat
Old March 19th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Robert Juliano,
In case you're wondering; Alan H. Guth is not Brad E. Guth, thus I'm
not nearly as responsible for upsetting your pagan
space-time-continuum.

Born again pagans??

That part can easily be over-played by the likes of GW Bush and Dick
Cheney.

Since mother nature is continually getting pillaged and gang-raped to
death in public; perhaps Condoleeza Rice can play that part.
-
Brad Guth

Old March 19th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Pat Flannery,
You obviously think the Pope is gay (not that there's anything wrong
with that), and that GW Bush is far better off than God.

What else about humanity and that of caring for our environment are you
and of your incest cloned collective of such Third Reich collaborators
opposed to?
-
Brad Guth

Old March 19th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Brad Guth wrote:
Pat Flannery,
You obviously think the Pope is gay (not that there's anything wrong
with that), and that GW Bush is far better off than God.

What else about humanity and that of caring for our environment are you
and of your incest cloned collective of such Third Reich collaborators
opposed to?
-
Brad Guth

Umm... Brad?

you _DO_ realize that your last message sounded really crazy, don't you?
(crazier than usual.)

Bob