The Last Post from Lord Androcles

Old May 15th 15, 03:27 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Michael Moroney

Default The Last Post from Lord Androcles

"Lord Androcles" writes:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

I am sorry to hear of his passing. Andro was a crank, but a good crank,
even if foul-mouthed.

It appears that his last living Usenet post
was a reply to me, telling me I was wrong, as usual for him.
Unfortunately, he never learned his math errors, despite many of us
pointing them out to him.
Old May 15th 15, 04:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Thu, 14 May 2015 17:25:21 -0700, Bill Owen wrote
this crap:

On 05/14/15 13:16, Lord Vath wrote:

He and I have had our share of interesting discussions over the years,
and I regret that I was never able to convince him that the Deep Space
Network really can validate general relativity to 1 part in 10^5.

I would like to know more of this Deep Space Network. What are the IP
numbers?

Vote for Carson
Repeal the nightmares
Old May 15th 15, 04:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Friday, 15 May 2015 16:27:09 UTC+2, Michael Moroney wrote:
"Lord Androcles" writes:

[...]

Andorcles, Andrex [and all the other silly names we called him] had an obvious sense of humour and will be fondly remembered with a smile.
His contribution to our lives was a positive, if occasionally frustrating, one.
He was never a burden, always bright, intelligent and amusing.
You can't ask for more than that from anybody you meet online.

To his family, we hope his presence was equally positive.
May I say, for all of us, that we are sorry for your [and our] loss.
Many thanks for your kindness in sharing the news of his passing, with us, at this sad time.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the speed of light!"

Lord Androcles RIP.

Old May 15th 15, 04:51 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Thu, 14 May 2015 20:15:57 +0100, Lord Androcles wrote:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

Truly sad news. I'll miss his fiesty posts.

My condolences to the family and his friends.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old May 15th 15, 05:40 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Helmut Wabnig

wrote:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

Thanks, Andro, for the greetings.

Androcles' webpage has been shut down but is stored 12 times
in the web archive, the last version from February 2012.

http://web.archive.org/web/201202042...eyonder.co.uk/

w.
Old May 15th 15, 09:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

"Lord Androcles"

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus
and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".

He lives on in my kill-file. I don't think I'll take him out of my
kill-file just yet. This could be a ruse.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old May 16th 15, 05:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
He lives on in my kill-file. I don't think I'll take him out of my
kill-file just yet. This could be a ruse.

martin_piers_nicholson:
Gerald - just when I thought that my opinion of you couldn't sink any lower!

You are the scum of the earth!

Mike Collins:
I couldn't agree with you more.

Not Gerald, as you know, and not even insulted by being called Gerald.
As for scum, you don't know from scum. I'm just practicing safe and
judicious use of Usenet while patiently waiting for someone to post
something on astronomy in SAA.

Old May 16th 15, 06:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 5:04:12 AM UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
He lives on in my kill-file. I don't think I'll take him out of my
kill-file just yet. This could be a ruse.

martin_piers_nicholson:
Gerald - just when I thought that my opinion of you couldn't sink any lower!

You are the scum of the earth!

Mike Collins:
I couldn't agree with you more.

Not Gerald, as you know, and not even insulted by being called Gerald.
As for scum, you don't know from scum. I'm just practicing safe and
judicious use of Usenet while patiently waiting for someone to post
something on astronomy in SAA.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

People are in control of their destinies nowadays and not subject to the generational indoctrination through classrooms that destroyed astronomy and terrestrial sciences temporarily for little more than jargon filled meaningless nonsense.

The anonymous Androcles was part of the holocaust where even the most basic human experiences of the planet's motions and the facts attached to them were under assault with not the slightest sign that towards the end of their lives they would act to redeem themselves.

The narratives made possible by the internet and the tools which turn back the empirical assault isolate academics and their followers as out of touch, talking gibberish inherited from the late 17th to the early 20th century while around them people should start to get glimpses of what astronomy actually is and how the planet's motions mesh with their experiences and terrestrial sciences.

If all you can achieve in life is saying Newton was right and Einstein was wrong or visa versa then it ain't much of a life but to dismiss the nonsense for what it is and begin the process of recovery then the spirit which is within all visible creation will find its way into the mind of humanity again .

Old May 16th 15, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Friday, 15 May 2015 16:02:36 UTC+2, wrote:
Yes Gerald you are well and truly the scum of the earth!

The world is full of real scum.
[Just ask the countless refugees or glance around at the UN.]
1461's noise hardly registers on the scum dial.
1461's behaviour is symptomatic of attention vampyrism.
You cannot embarrass the mentally ill into silence.
Now show some respect and stop making a racket at Androcles' wake!

Old May 16th 15, 08:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote this crap:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".

Sorry to hear that. I shall say a prayer for you.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.

He and I have had our share of interesting discussions over the years,
and I regret that I was never able to convince him that the Deep Space
Network really can validate general relativity to 1 part in 10^5.
Still, his heart was in the right place, and I admire him for that.

Rest in peace.

-- Bill

You regret indeed !, there is an unfortunate here mocking me on the most basic fact above that the Sun rises and sets each day due to a single rotation in that there are 1461 rotations covering the period from March 1st one year to February 29th four years later or what amounts to the same thing - 4 annual circuits of the Sun.

I don't need to convince anyone that your empirical cult got it wrong centuries ago and manufactured a fiction that anyone would be ashamed to die with -

"During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times" Wikipedia main 'Earth' article.

The stupid narrative of the early 20th century derived from H.G. Well's 'Time Machine' narrative looks like an indulgence for people who live in their heads rather than use their minds and their eyes but at the real core of the issue is the 'scientific method' and its disruptive nature where astronomy and terrestrial sciences are involved.

Androcles was one of your own despite a desperate attempt to sound different, he was not an errant child defending Newton against 20th century relativity but rather a necessary cog to keep a corpse dancing by making it appear meaningful when it is an extension of the rubbish of Newton.

I didn't think any person thinking of themselves as a man could die with a belief that the Earth is into its next full rotation after 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds but you and your colleagues have shown me you can do it and that makes for dismaying reading.

Androcles screamed his head off and that is always a sign of slavery but I never had the intention of moving away from ideas in general or in detail to engage in the type of empirical behavior which makes things personal. The drones of empirical academics do their work for them but it doesn't work here in this forum because the issue is not convincing you or anyone else, it is what is there for everyone to see using all the visual imaging and graphics to expand the mind and bring astronomy down to a human level.