The Last Post from Lord Androcles

Old May 14th 15, 08:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles[_4_]

Default The Last Post from Lord Androcles

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

Old May 14th 15, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Old May 14th 15, 09:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Thu, 14 May 2015 20:15:57 +0100, "Lord Androcles"
wrote this crap:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".

Sorry to hear that. I shall say a prayer for you.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.
Old May 15th 15, 01:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Owen

wrote this crap:

Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".

Sorry to hear that. I shall say a prayer for you.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.

He and I have had our share of interesting discussions over the years,
and I regret that I was never able to convince him that the Deep Space
Network really can validate general relativity to 1 part in 10^5.
Still, his heart was in the right place, and I admire him for that.

Rest in peace.

-- Bill

Old May 15th 15, 08:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote this crap:

[...]

You all waste your existence following jargon which is fine but none of you have the right to show yourselves as achievers in any productive and creative way tp the wider world. Parker was part of the problem in that he seemed to be attacking the absurdities of the early 20th century ideology but all Parker was really doing was obscuring that the followers of Newton hadn't a clue what he tried to do with the technical aspects of astronomy even though they certainly could see the dubious opportunity of removing the limiting between analogies at an experimental scale with full blown celestial motions -

"Rule III. The qualities of bodies, which admit neither [intensification] nor remission of degrees, and which are found to belong to all bodies within the reach of our experiments, are to be esteemed the universal qualities of all bodies whatsoever." Newton

It wasn't about 'universal gravitation', it was about unbridled speculation conjured up in any theorist's head that forms the 'scientific method' which Newton introduced and the many drones, like Parker, who destroyed themselves with bluffing and voodoo. At least you get paid Bill, not for promoting something as utterly meaningless as relativity but for promoting the fact that none of you are simply good enough to go through what Newton actually tried to do.

It takes Parker's death for you to come to this forum and dance on his grave .
Old May 15th 15, 09:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Gerald - just when I thought that my opinion of you couldn't sink any lower!

You are the scum of the earth!
Old May 15th 15, 12:09 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

"Lord Androcles" wrote:
Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

I enjoyed a lot of arguments and an occasional agreement with his posts.
I'm very sorry to read of his death and thank you to his daughter/son in
law for posting this.
Old May 15th 15, 12:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote:
Gerald - just when I thought that my opinion of you couldn't sink any lower!

You are the scum of the earth!

I couldn't agree with you more.
Old May 15th 15, 01:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

If you all wish to honor the man then for empiricists he served a purpose in maintaining the facade that relativity is meaningful, for me it is quite different as the charade masks the facts that nobody,at least up until now, understood the technical scheme of Newton where it intersects with genuine astronomy. The 'Androcles' in his view was taking the splinter from the paw of Newton but he turned into cannon fodder for the aggressive strain of empiricism that pays the salaries and pensions of these guys who make it their business to maintain voodoo and bluffing.

Taking advantage of a man's death when he can no longer answer amounts to phony platitudes ,great if you can get away with it but cowardice by any other name.

Old May 15th 15, 03:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Yes Gerald you are well and truly the scum of the earth!