Carbon dioxide levels surpass 400ppm

Old May 7th 15, 04:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Carbon dioxide levels surpass 400ppm

Lord Vath wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2015 15:34:12 +0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote this crap:

Lord Vath wrote:
On Thu, 07 May 2015 07:55:22 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote this crap:

On Thu, 7 May 2015 00:09:36 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

Yawn. They just dug up an ice core that reportedly shows 18
major climate changes in the last 80 million years. NONE caused by man.

Unlike this one.

Prove it. Post facts, not fantasy.

Do you consider that all of the scientific organisations listed below are
lying?

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree

Bull****.

Temperature data from four international science institutions. All show
rapid warming in the past few decades and that the last decade has been the
warmest on record.

We've got the coldest spring on record here in Detroit.

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that
97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree:

Liberal lies.

And there are no, "climate scientists."

I didn't bother reading the rest of your nonsense. I deleted it all.

Vote for Carson
Repeal the nightmares

Do you know more chemistry than the American Chemical Society, more
meteorology than the American Meteorological Society, more physics than the
American Physical Society. Or do you consider them not to be Scientists!
American Chemical Society "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our
current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change
is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and
potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

American Geophysical Union "Human‐induced climate change requires urgent
action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change
observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly
lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007,
2012, 2013)5

American Medical Association "Our AMA ... supports the findings of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and
concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse
global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are
significant." (2013)6

American Meteorological Society "It is clear from extensive scientific
evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past
half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric
greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons,
methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)7

American Physical Society "The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming
is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions
in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security
and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of
greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)8

The Geological Society of America "The Geological Society of America (GSA)
concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the
National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human
activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the
warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)9
Old May 7th 15, 05:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

[...]

I was a chemistry major for 3 and 1/2 years and I was a member of the
American Chemical Society. I was just at the Chemical Workers Union
Hall on Tuesday. They laughed at climate change.

more
meteorology than the American Meteorological Society,

Have they ever got the weather right? Much less climate.

more physics than the
American Physical Society. Or do you consider them not to be Scientists!
American Chemical Society "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our
current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change
is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and
potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

I was a math major. There's no physics without math.

Other crap deleted.

Old May 7th 15, 05:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

You conveniently snipped and did not answer the last question, so here it is again...

"Or do you consider them not to be Scientists...
Old May 7th 15, 05:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 07 May 2015 11:40:45 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

Science is not about proof, it is about evidence. If you want to argue
against scientific consensus, the burden is on you to demonstrate that
the rise in atmospheric CO2 levels over the last 150 years isn't
substantially the result of burning fossil fuels.

Because it isn't. You've already shown that variations in CO2 levels
have taken place over millions of years.

How is that relevant?

Good luck with that, because the evidence supporting this claim is
pretty overwhelming.

I laugh at you.

Excellent argument. About what I expected.
Old May 7th 15, 05:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree

Those are old numbers. The current number is over 99%. In fact, within
the degree of uncertainty on the polling it is 100%.
Old May 7th 15, 05:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

wrote:

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree

Those are old numbers. The current number is over 99%. In fact, within
the degree of uncertainty on the polling it is 100%.

99.9% of American ostriches [who expressed a denialist opinion] will wish they had pulled their heads out of the beach before the floods came.

Odd how so many Americans believe emphatically in a completely fictional, biblical, global flood but deny the one which is coming to their doorsteps soon according to science.

Coastal-living, American ostriches may have far more in common with lemmings than with Man.

Does the USA have an action plan for when its major coastal cities are catastrophically inundated?

Or, will it go begging bowl in hand to the Chinese for a bail-out?
Old May 7th 15, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

[...]

Like I consider algore to be a scientist.

Vote for Carson
Repeal the nightmares
Old May 7th 15, 09:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

Science is not about proof, it is about evidence. If you want to argue
against scientific consensus, the burden is on you to demonstrate that
the rise in atmospheric CO2 levels over the last 150 years isn't
substantially the result of burning fossil fuels.

Because it isn't. You've already shown that variations in CO2 levels
have taken place over millions of years.

How is that relevant?

Most scientists think it is.

Good luck with that, because the evidence supporting this claim is
pretty overwhelming.

I laugh at you.

Excellent argument. About what I expected.

It wasn't an argument. I just post the facts.

Vote for Carson
Repeal the nightmares
Old May 7th 15, 09:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree

Those are old numbers. The current number is over 99%. In fact, within
the degree of uncertainty on the polling it is 100%.

There are no, "climate scientists."

Does any University even give a degree in, "Climate Scientology?"

Vote for Carson
Repeal the nightmares
Old May 7th 15, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 07 May 2015 16:40:43 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

Because it isn't. You've already shown that variations in CO2 levels
have taken place over millions of years.

How is that relevant?

Most scientists think it is.

Good luck finding one, let alone demonstrating "most".