Beck: axion mass estimates from resonant Josephson junctions

Old April 3rd 14, 07:26 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Jos Bergervoet

Default Beck: axion mass estimates from resonant Josephson junctions

In his very interesting most recent paper, Beck reports again
about the 110ueV axion detection in Josephson junctions:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1403.5676
and mentions an associated axion dark matter density of
0.05GeV/cm^3. This seems to be an order of magnitude too low
to explain the total dark matter density, or am I wrong?

--
Jos
Old April 3rd 14, 07:32 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

In article , Jos Bergervoet
writes:

In his very interesting most recent paper, Beck reports again
about the 110ueV axion detection in Josephson junctions:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1403.5676
and mentions an associated axion dark matter density of
0.05GeV/cm^3. This seems to be an order of magnitude too low
to explain the total dark matter density, or am I wrong?

Just last week, I was at a conference where several dark-matter experts
were, and heard hours of talks on the topic. No mention of this. Why?
Old April 4th 14, 07:23 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

In article , Phillip
Helbig---undress to reply writes:

In article , Jos Bergervoet
writes:

In his very interesting most recent paper, Beck reports again
about the 110ueV axion detection in Josephson junctions:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1403.5676
and mentions an associated axion dark matter density of
0.05GeV/cm^3. This seems to be an order of magnitude too low
to explain the total dark matter density, or am I wrong?

Just last week, I was at a conference where several dark-matter experts
were, and heard hours of talks on the topic. No mention of this. Why?

I see now that the paper above is dated 22 April, i.e. the day the
conference started. However, this is not the first paper on the topic
and, though I am not an expert in this field, I don't recall this idea
ever being mentioned in any talk. Can someone more knowledgeable about
the field comment?
Old April 4th 14, 01:16 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

In article , Phillip
Helbig---undress to reply writes:

I see now that the paper above is dated 22 April, i.e. the day the
conference started.

22 MARCH; time travel wasn't one of the topics. :-)