The Last Post from Lord Androcles

Old May 16th 15, 08:49 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro.amateur
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Default The Last Post from Lord Androcles

Michael Moroney wrote:

I am sorry to hear of his passing. Andro was a crank, but a good crank,
even if foul-mouthed.

I am curious, what is “a good crank” then?

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old May 19th 15, 10:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

The empiricists only understood Newton to the point of his rule 3 where he attempted to obliterate the distinctions between motions at a human and experimental level with planetary dynamics and solar system structure but in truth they neither knew nor cared how he went about his business using astronomical terms and insights improperly. This is not a conjecture but rather affirmed by commentaries from empiricists themselves -

"The demonstrations throughout the book [Principia] are geometrical,
but to readers of ordinary ability are rendered unnecessarily
difficult by the absence of illustrations and explanations, and by the
fact that no clue is given to the method by which Newton arrived at
his results. The reason why it was presented in a geometrical form
appears to have been that the infinitesimal calculus was then unknown,
and, had Newton used it to demonstrate results which were in
themselves opposed to the prevalent philosophy of the time, the
controversy as to the truth of his results would have been hampered by
a dispute concerning the validity of the methods used in proving them.
He therefore cast the whole reasoning into a geometrical shape"
Rouse Ball 1908

Early 20th century empirical politics borrowed Newton's absolute/relative terminology and sent it in a different direction Newton originally give these things insofar as Newton's followers hadn't a clue what he was doing with those terms. Even though that has changed now and the focus shifts to the distortion of the most dramatic innovation in astronomy via retrograde resolution by Newton, the intellectual and technical center must shift towards a more productive and creative perspective rather than the forensics of undoing the damage of Newton.

Androcles demonstrated that he was only interested in attacking the relativity proponents and not dealing with the fundamental issues - when I showed him that absolute/relative time as Newton framed it was nothing more than the familiar Equation of Time, (and even at that badly framed), he acted as though it didn't exist as readers here still manage to do -

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the
equation or correlation of the vulgar time. For the natural days are
truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used
for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their
more accurate deducing of the celestial motions. " Principia

Far from the prevailing desolation, there is so much work ahead but most of that work begins with the principles which were central to the emergence of the Earth's daily and orbital dynamics extracted from visual observations and external references, perspectives that were more or less destroyed with the emergence of that vicious strain of empiricism that still prevails.

Old May 24th 15, 08:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Il giorno gioved 14 maggio 2015 21:17:49 UTC+2, Lord Androcles ha scritto:
Written Feb 8, 2015

If you are reading this, it has been written by me and stored in my Drafts
folder to be posted by my daughter or her husband after my demise, as I am
now deceased at the age of 69. I have cancer of the spine and oesophagus and
it has taken my life.
I wish everyone a happy life as mine has been, and hopefully some of you
have learnt from me as I have learnt from some of you.
Goodbye to you all, and in the words of that great comedian, Dave Allen,
"May your god go with you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y861-ODp4U

dear Androcles.. perdon , Lord Androcles ..we searched and done toghether theories along ten years ..expecially over the relativity , that is probale at 10-20% , for me ..i also have a ready theory over your demise : it is a joke , with probability at 70% : think to the name choiced by you ! and the group sci relativity shall continue with words ' idiot , moron , crackpot ...' that shall live also if you are looking us in silence from the shadow , interested with kind disgust ..
you are like a myth and its never die like Beatles or Zorro..: you rapresent the critics , the irreverence , the suspicion of different true..
you are the google relativity' family and we are little *******s searching a family for our ideas
the death ..allways allways : the best revenge is the happyness