ASTRO: M101 Link to full size image

Old April 9th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M101 Link to full size image

The larger versions I posted didn't seem to propagate very well through
usenet. My club has put up a copy of the full image on their website.
The link to the photo is at:
http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/...0RGB2X10C3.jpg

Rick

Old April 9th 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Ioannis

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

The larger versions I posted didn't seem to propagate very well through
usenet. My club has put up a copy of the full image on their website.
The link to the photo is at:
http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/...0RGB2X10C3.jpg

Absolute beauty. Thanks for posting.

Rick

--
I.N. Galidakis --- http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/

Old April 9th 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick, that's a mighty image. Excellent detail and colour is perfect. Only
problem is that it is too large for my screen ;-)

Stefan

Old April 9th 07, 09:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I'm trying to convince the wife I need a monitor it will fit on. So far
she's not buying the idea.

Seriously, working with an STL-11K's image is a problem. When you
shrink to fit the screen I find it easy to create a really bad image
that looks great until you look at it full size. If I make it larger
then I miss what's happening off screen. That's how I missed the detail
in M95's core until Dirk pointed it out in his image. I really do need
a bigger monitor. But I just mailed in my taxes for 2006 and that killed
any such ideas for now!

Rick

Stefan Lilge wrote:
Rick, that's a mighty image. Excellent detail and colour is perfect.
Only problem is that it is too large for my screen ;-)

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

The larger versions I posted didn't seem to propagate very well
through usenet. My club has put up a copy of the full image on their
website. The link to the photo is at:
http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/...0RGB2X10C3.jpg

Rick
--
Correct domain name is arvig and it is net not com. Prefix is
correct. Third character is a zero rather than a capital "Oh".

Old April 12th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote
...... Only problem is that it is too large for my screen ;-)

For sale: 21-inch monitor.......

George N

Old April 12th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

Beautiful image Rick! M-101 is certainly a thing of beauty in a good image.
The non-symmetric shape, kinky arms, and tiny nucleus are all pretty
fascinating.

George N

Old April 12th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Stefan Lilge" wrote

...... Only problem is that it is too large for my screen ;-)

For sale: 21-inch monitor.......

George N

That's a tad small. If my math is right, he'll need one about 170,000
light years across to fit it all on one screen.

Rick

Old April 12th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

D van den H wrote:

Rick, something to be proud of!
reg
dirk

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

The larger versions I posted didn't seem to propagate very well through
usenet. My club has put up a copy of the full image on their website. The
link to the photo is at:
http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/...0RGB2X10C3.jpg

Rick

Thanks. To me it's one of my best to date. So far beyond anything I
did in my film days I'm no longer bummed at the thought of most of them
being destroyed when the tree went through the house about 15 years ago.

Rick