Converting Coulter 13.1" to Truss Dob

Old May 2nd 06, 09:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Converting Coulter 13.1" to Truss Dob

Does anyone know of any good resources, tips or websites on how to
convert this old scope into something more portable? I have heard
before that it is not wise to put this mirror in a mirror cell. If this
is true, why is that?

THANKS

Old May 2nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Rory Deol wrote:

Does anyone know of any good resources, tips or websites on how to
convert this old scope into something more portable? I have heard
before that it is not wise to put this mirror in a mirror cell. If this
is true, why is that?

Try:

http://members.aol.com/radcash/travelscope.htm

And while you're in the "neighborhood" check out his main Page:

http://members.aol.com/anonglxy/deepsky.htm

Lot's of interesting material. As to not putting the Primary into a
Mirror Cell I have no idea where that came from as folks have been
remounting Coulters almost since the first one was delivered! ;-)

Crazy Ed

Old May 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Rory Deol wrote:
Does anyone know of any good resources, tips or websites on how to
convert this old scope into something more portable? I have heard
before that it is not wise to put this mirror in a mirror cell. If this
is true, why is that?

I have a friend who put a Coulter 13.1 in an AstroSystems Telekit. They
make a 13.1 kit specifically for that mirror.

http://www.astrosystems.biz/telekits.htm

Mojo
--
Morris Jones