say this looks familiar!

Old October 19th 04, 07:17 PM
Gene DiGennaro

Default say this looks familiar!

Hey kids,

Check out the picture on page 13 of this Shafer Aerospace document.

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/65850main_schafer.pdf

Looks like the only thing missing is an Eagle transport!

Gene
Old October 19th 04, 09:15 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:17:23 -0700, Gene DiGennaro wrote:

Hey kids,

Check out the picture on page 13 of this Shafer Aerospace document.

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/65850main_schafer.pdf

Ack! This is even worse than JIMO graphic abuse! At least swiping
NASA's work is a hallowed tradition in AeroSpatioCorporate Culture...
but Martin Landau?

Looks like the only thing missing is an Eagle transport!

Security logs indicate that the vampire catgirls had swiped it for a "Buzz
The Base" joyride on the day that pic was taken.

Gene

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old October 19th 04, 10:09 PM
Jeff Findley

"Chuck Stewart" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:17:23 -0700, Gene DiGennaro wrote:

Hey kids,

Check out the picture on page 13 of this Shafer Aerospace document.

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/65850main_schafer.pdf

Ack! This is even worse than JIMO graphic abuse! At least swiping
NASA's work is a hallowed tradition in AeroSpatioCorporate Culture...
but Martin Landau?

Looks like the only thing missing is an Eagle transport!

Security logs indicate that the vampire catgirls had swiped it for a "Buzz
The Base" joyride on the day that pic was taken.

Ack! It's worse than I thought. It looks like a rendering you'd find on
someone's Moonbase Alpha website. The landing pad looks like it's straight
out of the show. I should know, I own some of the video tapes and watched
several episodes not long ago. ;-)

Jeff

Old October 20th 04, 02:25 AM
Matthew Ota

I remember that show, Space: $1.99 - that's about what they spent on
special effects.

Even at age 13 I could not get intersted in the show because the whole
premise of blowing the moon out of earth orbit was so ridiculous.
Plus the lead actress looked like her face was shot full of novacaine.

Now Dark Star, there was a great movie.

Matthew Ota

Old October 20th 04, 03:10 AM
Paul F. Dietz

Matthew Ota wrote:
I remember that show, Space: $1.99 - that's about what they spent on
special effects.

Even at age 13 I could not get intersted in the show because the whole
premise of blowing the moon out of earth orbit was so ridiculous.
Plus the lead actress looked like her face was shot full of novacaine.

Don't let Kibo hear you typing that!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ba...std.com&rnum=2

Paul
Old October 20th 04, 04:43 AM
OM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:25:51 GMT, Matthew Ota
wrote:

I remember that show, Space: $1.99 - that's about what they spent on
special effects.

....No, that's what they spent on the actors' salaries. That is, except
for Bain & Landau, who got paid out the wazoo for some hit-and-miss
performances. The SFX work, outside of the occasional wires not hiding
themselves, was actually quite superior for its day, and Series One's
work still manages to hold up quite well against today's CGI work.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 20th 04, 04:45 AM
OM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:15:47 -0500, Chuck Stewart
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:17:23 -0700, Gene DiGennaro wrote:

Hey kids,

Check out the picture on page 13 of this Shafer Aerospace document.

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/65850main_schafer.pdf

Ack! This is even worse than JIMO graphic abuse! At least swiping
NASA's work is a hallowed tradition in AeroSpatioCorporate Culture...
but Martin Landau?

....Who cares? I want the damned mesh for that base, because it looks
like they used Mario Whassisname's mesh that made the rounds a few
years back, but disappeared when Mario went MIA from the mesh groups.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 20th 04, 06:47 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

Ack! It's worse than I thought. It looks like a rendering you'd find on
someone's Moonbase Alpha website. The landing pad looks like it's

straight
out of the show. I should know, I own some of the video tapes and watched
several episodes not long ago. ;-)

And you admit it. You know that's the first stage of recovery.

Jeff

Old October 20th 04, 01:33 PM
Jeff Findley

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

Ack! It's worse than I thought. It looks like a rendering you'd find

on
someone's Moonbase Alpha website. The landing pad looks like it's

straight
out of the show. I should know, I own some of the video tapes and

watched
several episodes not long ago. ;-)

And you admit it. You know that's the first stage of recovery.

At least I only own a few cheap VHS copies I got at Half Price Books. The
DVD's are still too expensive, even there. I'm still looking for a tape or
DVD with the episode Dragon's Domain on it. When I was young, that was my
favorite episode. The deep space probe was cool.

;-)

Jeff

Old October 20th 04, 04:39 PM
Derek Lyons

"Jeff Findley" wrote:

Ack! It's worse than I thought. It looks like a rendering you'd find on
someone's Moonbase Alpha website. The landing pad looks like it's straight
out of the show. I should know, I own some of the video tapes and watched
several episodes not long ago. ;-)

And they say us space geeks have no life...

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL