Gemini VIII: Control System Problem

Old January 8th 05, 03:22 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Ami Silberman" wrote in message
There was really no downside to undocking from the Agena.

I'd love to see a study on how this affected their moment of inertia, gotta
believe it probably upped the spin rate a bit.

Had it turned out
that the Agena was not the problem, and the Gemini's problem was fixable
without using the RCS, then they could have turned the Agena's
stationkeeping back on and then redocked. In fact, the mission plan called
for an undocking and a redock with Scott at the controls (after the EVA,
IIRC).

And in fact Scott prepped the Agena before separation so that this could be
done if possible.

Old January 8th 05, 09:56 AM

Well, if you're truly interested, hang around, Mr. Moore. I purchased
all of the mission transcripts on EBay recently, and I will be posting
the Spacecraft Onboard Recorder information sometime over the weekend.
Unfortunately, I've had a couple of problems personally this week,
which have slowed me down somewhat, but I'll have it by the end of the
weekend. Should be some interesting data there.
FYI, I'm also going to post some of the relevant portions of Schirra's
tyrades on 7. :-)

Old January 8th 05, 06:17 PM
D Schneider

[...]
tyrades

hmmmm....something to do with British vulcanized rubber products?

/dps

Sedna (2003 VB12) Ron Astronomy Misc 1 March 19th 04 11:44 AM
PDF (Planetary Distance Formula) explains DW 2004 / Quaoar and Kuiper Belt hermesnines Astronomy Misc 10 February 27th 04 02:14 AM
Rover Spirit's flash memory problem explained Mike Simmons Amateur Astronomy 2 February 26th 04 08:06 AM
Our Moon as BattleStar Rick Sobie Astronomy Misc 93 February 8th 04 09:31 PM
Massive Old Star Reveals Secrets On Deathbed (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 1 January 26th 04 06:40 PM