OT - From Venus With Lust

Old April 7th 10, 02:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default OT - From Venus With Lust

These Cosmo-Cuties from "Fire Maidens of Outer Space" became the
inspiration for The Venusian Firewomen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ksrw9r8nlw
On rewatching this, I realize they have a painting of the goddess Venus
behind them, which is odd, as the movie takes place on the "13th moon"
of Jupiter - no doubt Io, given the heat of these ex-Atlantean women.
Also odd is the fact that this is a space expedition launched from
Surrey, England, by the Royal Navy (based on their insignia) which shows
the heights the BIS might have reached if only they hadn't somewhat
shortsightedly put it in their by-laws that they would never actually
try and build a rocket: http://www.zone-sf.com/firemaidens.html

Pat