Ares-1 and Shuttle news

Old April 1st 10, 06:08 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Ares-1 and Shuttle news

Upcoming NASA announcement on Ares-1 and Shuttle programs:

http://tinyurl.com/ydgyn5w

- George Gassaway
Old April 1st 10, 08:23 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Brian Gaff

Damn, I was going to suggest an April fool on Nasa agreeing to use its
spare workforce to help save the everglades as long as they had a supply of
Crocodiles to send on test flights.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old April 1st 10, 01:16 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

On 3/31/2010 9:08 PM, wrote:
Upcoming NASA announcement on Ares-1 and Shuttle programs:

http://tinyurl.com/ydgyn5w

Don't give them ideas... :-D

Pat

Excellent April 1 post!

A want a poster-size version of this to hang on my wall!!!

:-)

Dave

Old April 1st 10, 03:35 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 3/31/2010 11:23 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Damn, I was going to suggest an April fool on Nasa agreeing to use its
spare workforce to help save the everglades as long as they had a supply of
Crocodiles to send on test flights.

I still like how they've managed to worm (sorry, Mr. Goldin) their way
into the faulty Toyota tests.
Their is a very novel explanation for the problem over here, BTW:
http://www.ketv.com/news/22917132/detail.html
“Occasionally a computer hangs or crashes inexplicably. Cosmic rays can
be responsible,” Claes said.
Yeah, that's just what Microsoft always says too...that, or a bad
conjunction between the Moon and Mars. ;-)

Pat
Old April 1st 10, 07:29 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
On 4/1/2010 4:16 AM, David Spain wrote:

Excellent April 1 post!

A want a poster-size version of this to hang on my wall!!!

:-)

The thing about it is it almost looks like it might work.

Except it would never get off the pad due to the weight of the two Ares I
upper stages and the two Orions on top of the SRB's. Now if you strapped a
couple more SRB's on the sides of the ET...

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old April 2nd 10, 03:40 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 4/1/2010 10:29 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Except it would never get off the pad due to the weight of the two Ares I
upper stages and the two Orions on top of the SRB's. Now if you strapped a
couple more SRB's on the sides of the ET...

....and put that drilling crawler in it for blowing up the comet...

Pat
Old April 2nd 10, 03:43 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_894_]

Pat Flannery wrote:
On 4/1/2010 4:16 AM, David Spain wrote:

Excellent April 1 post!

A want a poster-size version of this to hang on my wall!!!

:-)

The thing about it is it almost looks like it might work.

Sure, fly the crew in the twin Orion capsules, dock with the shuttle, do the
work you want, then re-enter the capsules, land with them and remotely land
the shuttle.

Pat

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old April 2nd 10, 04:40 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
John Doe

Jeff Findley wrote:

Except it would never get off the pad due to the weight of the two Ares I
upper stages and the two Orions on top of the SRB's. Now if you strapped a
couple more SRB's on the sides of the ET...

What was not specified in the image is that the nacelles on top of the
SRBs did not have Orion equipment but were filled with helium, therefore
reducing the total weight of the stack and increasing payload capacity
for the shuttle.