Request Dew Heater Help

Old January 29th 04, 03:44 AM

Default Request Dew Heater Help

Hello,

I've just finished building a Kendrick-style dew heater controller and
am now ready to build the actual heater strips.
I've researched the web and have found several different
recommendations as to what wattage or resistance the various strips
should have ... very few of these actually agree with each other.

Does anyone know what the ratings are for the various Kendrick
components?

Specifically I am after power ratings for the following:

1-1/4" Eyepiece heater
2" Eyepiece heater
60mm finder objective heater
Telrad heater
2.5" ma Secondary heater.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Old January 30th 04, 11:36 AM
[email protected]

Hey Thad, Thanks for your help .. that's exactly what I needed.
Now, off to the soldering iron!

Mike

On 28 Jan 2004 22:20:13 -0800, (Thad Floryan) wrote:

wrote in message . ..
Hello,

I've just finished building a Kendrick-style dew heater controller and
am now ready to build the actual heater strips.
I've researched the web and have found several different
recommendations as to what wattage or resistance the various strips
should have ... very few of these actually agree with each other.

Does anyone know what the ratings are for the various Kendrick
components?

Specifically I am after power ratings for the following:

1-1/4" Eyepiece heater
2" Eyepiece heater
60mm finder objective heater
Telrad heater
2.5" ma Secondary heater.

Visit
www.kendrick-ai.com and view the published ratings.

Even better, since you like to make things:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/dewheat.htm

where you'll find the fab details for the originals which Jim K. later
licensed.