Investment in asterroid mining

Old December 1st 16, 08:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Investment in asterroid mining

William Mook wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:28:26 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

I'd suggest you learn to spell her name. I assume you're referring to
Dianne Newman. What you describe isn't what she did. Microbes aren't
'machines'.

Others are looking at extending this capability to control weather.

http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studi...Manobianco.pdf

When are you going to learn that paper studies are NOT operating
systems?

Its funny that you are so certain about things you obviously know nothing about. You are clueless of the fact that 20% of the worlds copper production ALREADY comes from bioleaching.

What's that got to do with weather control, you stupid ****?

snip irrelevant ****e

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 1st 16, 12:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Some are planning mining missions now using selfvreplicating system. You are unaware of this so attack those involved and aware due to your profound ignorance. No wonder this channel is so vital NOT. LOL.
Old December 1st 16, 12:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

Nowhere, because they DO NOT EXIST yet.

Bacteria that dissolve rock and plate containers with gold and copper on demand are already recovering copper and gold from copper mine tailings and spent copper mines today.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-mining.html

Bacteria can't mine asteroids you ignorant git.

None of the rest of what I snipped had anything to to with acual,
existing, self replicating machines which can be used to actually mine
an asteroid.

You made an assertion that's completely and utterly false.

Jeff
Old December 1st 16, 10:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:09:17 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

Nowhere, because they DO NOT EXIST yet.

Bacteria that dissolve rock and plate containers with gold and copper on demand are already recovering copper and gold from copper mine tailings and spent copper mines today.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-mining.html

Bacteria can't mine asteroids you ignorant git.

I think its funny people who don't know that bacteria can breathe rock by dissolving oxides in vacuo call others who post here 'ignorant'. LOL!

The facts are that bacteria survive handily in space, and in vacuum by infesting any bit of metal oxide that happens to be around. This includes metal oxides in ore bodies. The metals they excrete, after concentrating them. This is how gold veins and copper veins get deposited in solid rock deep underground away from air. It is being ACTIVELY developed today to MINE ASTEROIDS! LOL.

Of course posting that FACT here, opens anyone up to unwarranted verbal abuse! Which is a reflection of those who run this site. It would be nice if those who manage the internet would remove and repurpose sci.space.policy to kinder and gentler types.

Now, bacterial plaques, can interact to carry out computation. That computation can be organised to cause bacterium to excrete metals, and other materials, in well defined patterns. In short, we can build stuff with this sort of thing.

Now, ignorant people have said bacteria and fungi, algae and fungi are not machines. I would counter that a more intelligent response is to note that if you can push a button and reliably know what any of these single celled organisms can do, to the point where you can build stuff with them - they ARE machines TO YOU.

http://www.forbes.com/best/2001/0910/016.html

None of the rest of what I snipped had anything to to with acual,
existing, self replicating machines which can be used to actually mine
an asteroid.

I think its funny that exceptionally stupid people who cannot see how a thing works, think all manner of things differently than what is actually being discussed and then complain about their idiocy.

You made an assertion that's completely and utterly false.

I think it funny how quickly perverse liars call others who speak only truth, liars, when it suits them. What freaking posers they are! LOL.

Jeff

Old December 1st 16, 10:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:11:38 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Some are planning mining missions now using selfvreplicating system.

"Some" are not interested in actually planning a mission that can be
launched in the next five to ten years.

Its funny how people who believe themselves to be knowledgeable are so quick to attack those who are truly knowledgeable.

Knowing the command set,

http://www.forbes.com/best/2001/0910/016.html

and devising an operating system around that,

http://www.swarmrobot.org

gives absolute control over the self replicating components - turning the living plaque of interacting microbes into a reliable machine system. WIth this you can do much. People know this, are investing heavily in this, and earning profits TODAY with each innovation and ploughing that profit back into even more innovation.

http://www.space.com/28320-asteroid-...-microbes.html

http://www.mining.com/here-is-why-me...fitable-43509/

https://microbepost.org/2015/11/10/m...of-the-future/

You are unaware of this so attack those involved and aware due to
your profound ignorance. No wonder this channel is so vital NOT. LOL.

You asserted self replicating robots capable of mining an asteroid
exist. They do not.

I think it funny that those who are unaware that 20% of all rare metals mined TODAY are mined using engineered bacteria. Those who are making money at this are eagerly re-investing their profits into perfecting the processes and applying them generally across the solar system. The bacteria involved ALREADY operate in solid rock without the benefit of gaseous oxygen. They have been found to survive in the depths of space. Taking those bacteria and crossing them with bacteria found at the cores of nuclear reactors, make a hardy breed of bacteria that survive readily in space. This is OLD tech. NEW tech is described above, and ITS NOT CURRENT or the really INNOVATIVE stuff, that is flight ready TODAY!.

Jeff

Old December 2nd 16, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Some are planning mining missions now using selfvreplicating system. You are unaware of this so attack those involved and aware due to your profound ignorance. No wonder this channel is so vital NOT. LOL.

Mookie has gone delusional again. "Some" are "planning". But nothing
real.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 2nd 16, 03:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

[...]

Cite for these bacteria surviving and doing this in vacuum?

Of course posting that FACT here, opens anyone up to unwarranted verbal abuse! Which is a reflection of those who run this site. It would be nice if those who manage the internet would remove and repurpose sci.space.policy to kinder and gentler types.

You are STILL totally clueless about the internet and Usenet NEWS,
aren't you? I don't know how to break it to you but there are no
"those who run this site". In fact, there is no "site". This is
Usenet NEWS. And you seriously believe that there are "those who
manage the internet" who can somehow 'repurpose' things? Can even
Mook possibly be this clueless?

Now, bacterial plaques, can interact to carry out computation. That computation can be organised to cause bacterium to excrete metals, and other materials, in well defined patterns. In short, we can build stuff with this sort of thing.

Sure. And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.

Now, ignorant people have said bacteria and fungi, algae and fungi are not machines. I would counter that a more intelligent response is to note that if you can push a button and reliably know what any of these single celled organisms can do, to the point where you can build stuff with them - they ARE machines TO YOU.

Mookie, who after all these years, STILL doesn't have a clue about how
either the internet or Usenet NEWS works, is talking about "ignorant
people"? Irony is not at all like silvery or brassy.

http://www.forbes.com/best/2001/0910/016.html

And Mook once again demonstrates that he doesn't know the difference
between paper speculation and actual reality.

None of the rest of what I snipped had anything to to with acual,
existing, self replicating machines which can be used to actually mine
an asteroid.

I think its funny that exceptionally stupid people who cannot see how a thing works, think all manner of things differently than what is actually being discussed and then complain about their idiocy.

I think it's funny that someone who still has no clue about what the
internet and Usenet newsgroups are, even after having had it explained
to him multiple times over years, can talk about "exceptionally stupid
people" with a straight face.

You made an assertion that's completely and utterly false.

I think it funny how quickly perverse liars call others who speak only truth, liars, when it suits them. What freaking posers they are! LOL.

Now step away from that mirror, poser.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 2nd 16, 03:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:11:38 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Some are planning mining missions now using selfvreplicating system.

"Some" are not interested in actually planning a mission that can be
launched in the next five to ten years.

Its funny how people who believe themselves to be knowledgeable are so quick to attack those who are truly knowledgeable.

Yes, it is. Now step away from that mirror...

Knowing the command set,

http://www.forbes.com/best/2001/0910/016.html

"If his theories are correct..." Once again Mook shows he doesn't
know the difference between speculation and reality.

Irrelevant ****e cite.

You asserted self replicating robots capable of mining an asteroid
exist. They do not.

I think it funny that those who are unaware that 20% of all rare metals mined TODAY are mined using engineered bacteria. Those who are making money at this are eagerly re-investing their profits into perfecting the processes and applying them generally across the solar system. The bacteria involved ALREADY operate in solid rock without the benefit of gaseous oxygen. They have been found to survive in the depths of space. Taking those bacteria and crossing them with bacteria found at the cores of nuclear reactors, make a hardy breed of bacteria that survive readily in space. This is OLD tech. NEW tech is described above, and ITS NOT CURRENT or the really INNOVATIVE stuff, that is flight ready TODAY!.

I think it's funny that you cannot even keep the facts in your own
cites straight. "20% of all rare metals mined TODAY are mined using
engineered bacteria"? Bull****. Not even close to what your original
cite said.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 4th 16, 12:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 3:28:28 PM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

[...]

https://www.academia.edu/26099266/Bi...from_asteroids

Cellular respiration has been documented in microbes that live INSIDE ROCKS REMOVED FROM THE ATMOSPHERE. Here they take metal oxides and reduce those oxides to elemental metals which they excrete.

http://www.pnnl.gov/news/release.aspx?id=976

These same type of microbes have been found to live in the vacuum of space quite readily;

http://www.natureworldnews.com/artic...arch-shows.htm

http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...e-exterior-iss

http://phys.org/news/2016-03-bacteria-space-earth.html

Anyone having a passing understanding of how metal oxide REDOX reactions work are not surprised that electricity can be applied to a cellular matrix to energise metallic reduction

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...ife-180953883/

Microbes are known to form plaques, and organise themselves for mutual protection and support.

http://www.livescience.com/16280-mic...d-nsf-ria.html

They achieve this by organised signalling

https://www.boundless.com/biology/te...ria-391-11617/

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ddns/2012/698057/

The engineering of which can be used to build computational engines and self replicating systems that extract metals and deposit them in organised pattern programmed into those engines.

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...cteria_en.html

http://news.mit.edu/2015/basic-compu...-bacteria-0709

Which are used to mine asteroids

http://www.space.com/28320-asteroid-...-microbes.html

http://www.mining.com/here-is-why-me...fitable-43509/

https://microbepost.org/2015/11/10/m...of-the-future/

Of course posting that FACT here, opens anyone up to unwarranted verbal abuse! Which is a reflection of those who run this site. It would be nice if those who manage the internet would remove and repurpose sci.space.policy to kinder and gentler types.

You are STILL totally clueless about the internet and Usenet NEWS,
aren't you?

Funny how those who believe themselves to be above the law are so fond of recounting their skewed view of reality.

I don't know how to break it to you but there are no
"those who run this site". In fact, there is no "site". This is
Usenet NEWS.

Criminals often believe themselves to be above the law.

And you seriously believe that there are "those who
manage the internet" who can somehow 'repurpose' things? Can even
Mook possibly be this clueless?

And imagine they are guiltless.

https://www.amazon.com/Internet-Poli.../dp/0393349454

Now, bacterial plaques, can interact to carry out computation. That computation can be organised to cause bacterium to excrete metals, and other materials, in well defined patterns. In short, we can build stuff with this sort of thing.

Sure. And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.

Funny how someone who is totally clueless about reality likes to shame those who know something.

Now, ignorant people have said bacteria and fungi, algae and fungi are not machines. I would counter that a more intelligent response is to note that if you can push a button and reliably know what any of these single celled organisms can do, to the point where you can build stuff with them - they ARE machines TO YOU.

Mookie, who after all these years, STILL doesn't have a clue about how
either the internet or Usenet NEWS works,

Funny how people who are ignorant of current reality attempt to shame others for their knowledge.

https://mic.com/articles/54961/8-soc...ine#.xP2zQ6RYb

is talking about "ignorant
people"? Irony is not at all like silvery or brassy.

https://www.wired.com/2013/07/ap_argshaming/

Your ignorance is no excuse for your bad behaviour.

http://www.forbes.com/best/2001/0910/016.html

And Mook once again demonstrates that he doesn't know the difference
between paper speculation and actual reality.

Funny how people who don't read something hold on to their incorrect opinions in the face of reality. This 2001 article in FORBES magazine, recounted the past five years (1996-2001) advances in bacterial signalling. AT THAT TIME the article concludes, this isn't all just pie-in-the-sky stuff. Already, (in 2001) DuPont's bacterial genomics group, led by Ethel Jackson, is combining enzymes from different bacteria to create new experimental bacteria that can turn cheap molecules into valuable ones. Jackson's group has shown that refitted bacteria can lower the cost of making complex polymers, such as animal feed and components of nylon and polyester.

Knight's research is so promising that one of the original funders of the Internet, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), has provided Knight with a $5 million grant to develop a library of proteins that catalogs which genes each protein turns on and off. THE LIBRARY SERVES AS A GUIDE FOR ENGINEERS WHO WANT TO PROGRAM REACTIONS, by telling them which proteins they can mix and match.

Here's where they are today;

https://www.genomeweb.com/informatic...tics-swat-team