Investment in asterroid mining

Old November 29th 16, 05:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Investment in asterroid mining

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Others are looking at extending this capability to control weather.

http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studi...Manobianco.pdf

I've made some small contribution to the art and have even commented on it here decades ago. Of course all I've gotten for my efforts is mindless abuse. Which makes your venue here so popular. Not! LOL.

Old November 29th 16, 05:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Here's something that's cool you can make with your 3D printer

http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-P...m_medium=email

3D periodic table.
Old November 30th 16, 12:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

I'd suggest you learn to spell her name. I assume you're referring to
Dianne Newman. What you describe isn't what she did. Microbes aren't
'machines'.

Others are looking at extending this capability to control weather.

http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studi...Manobianco.pdf

When are you going to learn that paper studies are NOT operating
systems?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old November 30th 16, 12:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Not self replicating mining machines that can be used on an asteroid in
the vacuum and cold of the asteroid belt.

They're also not revolutionizing much in very many places. There are
a few countries where they are being used on sulfates to extract
metals (not mine tailings) and the United States is not one of those
countries (we have enough trouble just mining the old fashioned way,
given the depressed price of copper).

Once again Mook has read a research paper and then grossly oversold.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old December 1st 16, 03:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

Nowhere, because they DO NOT EXIST yet.

Bacteria that dissolve rock and plate containers with gold and copper on demand are already recovering copper and gold from copper mine tailings and spent copper mines today.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-mining.html

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Not self replicating mining machines that can be used on an asteroid in
the vacuum and cold of the asteroid belt.

I think its funny that you presume to know so much about things you know absolutely nothing about!

http://phys.org/news/2016-03-bacteria-space-earth.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...geobacter.html

Look, we 'infect' a rich asteroid with an appropriately selected plaque of microbes, and harvest the materials for return to Earth.

NASA's mission to Bennu

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/12360

Japan's mission to Hayabusa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8u5fSl8m8

Asteroid Mining Papers

https://www.scribd.com/doc/212158958/Asteroid-Mining
https://www.scribd.com/doc/117734816...2-Through-2045
https://www.scribd.com/doc/117734905/Lander-Digger-Dog
https://www.scribd.com/doc/117734923/Itokawa

After the gold rush;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3m_T-NMOs

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun,
There were children crying
And colors flying
All around the chosen ones.
All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.
They were flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home.

Irrelevant b.s. snipped.

Jeff

Old December 1st 16, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:35:25 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Not self replicating mining machines that can be used on an asteroid in
the vacuum and cold of the asteroid belt.

They're also not revolutionizing much in very many places. There are
a few countries where they are being used on sulfates to extract
metals (not mine tailings) and the United States is not one of those
countries (we have enough trouble just mining the old fashioned way,
given the depressed price of copper).

Once again Mook has read a research paper and then grossly oversold.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Tell that to the MacArthur foundation! LOL!

https://www.macfound.org/fellows/963/

Old December 1st 16, 03:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:28:26 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

I'd suggest you learn to spell her name. I assume you're referring to
Dianne Newman. What you describe isn't what she did. Microbes aren't
'machines'.

Others are looking at extending this capability to control weather.

http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studi...Manobianco.pdf

When are you going to learn that paper studies are NOT operating
systems?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Its funny that you are so certain about things you obviously know nothing about. You are clueless of the fact that 20% of the worlds copper production ALREADY comes from bioleaching.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17406375

Bio-Systems recover 90% and more of the metals, and techniques to recover the metals extracted by the microbes are well developed. Research is underway to use microbes in space to extract metals from asteroids and return the concentrates to Earth.

http://web.mit.edu/12.000/www/m2015/...oleaching.html

A sample return capsule coming back from 101955 Bennu - which masses 7.76x10^10 kg - which contains 20,389 kg of gold worth $767,298,982 today! Along with similar values of other rare materials.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...5427462344.jpg

A 2 meter diameter sample return capsule with a 0.3 meter height, plated on the back side with 156 mm (6.14 inch) thick layer of gold, carries 20.4 metric tons of gold, worth $767 million. Well worth the $150 million cost of deploying the system on the asteorid in the first place!

Forward thinking investors are looking into this technology TODAY! Not waiting around for the government to hand them the contract.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...old_production

A system that takes five years to mine a small asteroid of gold and other rare materials (and process the remaining un-returned materials into stuff easily recovered by future space operators) - could match the present world production of these materials with a launch per day! After five years, a capsule per day would be returning to Earth - increasing value 5.11x in five years providing a 38% ROI.

Old December 1st 16, 08:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

Nowhere, because they DO NOT EXIST yet.

Bacteria that dissolve rock and plate containers with gold and copper on demand are already recovering copper and gold from copper mine tailings and spent copper mines today.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-mining.html

Note that your cite says "low grade ore", not 'tailings'. It also
says the use of the technology in something other than experiment is
at least 15 years out.

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Not self replicating mining machines that can be used on an asteroid in
the vacuum and cold of the asteroid belt.

I think its funny that you presume to know so much about things you know absolutely nothing about!

http://phys.org/news/2016-03-bacteria-space-earth.html

Did you bother to read your own cite? ONE bacteria does better in
microgravity (with a warm, oxygenated atmosphere) than it does on
Earth. Not relevant to your claim.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...geobacter.html

Did you even bother to read your own cite? Bacteria IN RIVER MUD. Not
relevant to your claim.

Look, we 'infect' a rich asteroid with an appropriately selected plaque of microbes, and harvest the materials for return to Earth.

Except there are no 'materials', since when you expose your microbes
to no atmosphere, deadly cold, and radiation those ****ers just die.

snip lunatice bull****

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 1st 16, 08:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:35:25 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

Not self replicating mining machines that can be used on an asteroid in
the vacuum and cold of the asteroid belt.

They're also not revolutionizing much in very many places. There are
a few countries where they are being used on sulfates to extract
metals (not mine tailings) and the United States is not one of those
countries (we have enough trouble just mining the old fashioned way,
given the depressed price of copper).

Once again Mook has read a research paper and then grossly oversold.

Tell that to the MacArthur foundation! LOL!

https://www.macfound.org/fellows/963/

I don't have to. Did you read it, Mook? You're full of ****.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine