Disney's 'Global Warming' Cartoon Opens at over $70 million

Old April 4th 06, 04:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Default Disney's 'Global Warming' Cartoon Opens at over $70 million

jonathan wrote:

Ice Age, the Meltdown
The first weekend, it's a smash with the kiddies.

In the first Ice Age, the only significant female character is a young
woman who dies early in the flick, leaving The Kid to be rescued. No
other female characters (well other than the vampish sloths who almost
boil Sid) worth mentioning.

I'm never too certain what gender Sid is, anyway.

In this one, the female mammoth thinks she is a possum.

Hollyweird has merely gotten weirder. On the Road pictures with
Pleistocene leads.

Makes me long for the good old days of Jodie Foster as a scientist.

Old April 4th 06, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Jim Oberg wrote:
"Chuck Stewart" wrote
No, you fool... THAT WAS REAGAN'S FAULT!

Ever see the envirowhacko literature on how Mt. St. Helen's eruption
was Reagan's fault for allowing clear-cutting that weakend the lattice of
tree roots that held the magma pressure down, until greedy loggers
killed the forest, triggering the eruption?

I'm not making this up grin.

Reminds me of a radio broadcast bloopers tape I heard years ago. The
newsman was reporting, while choking back laughs, that a lady wrote him
about the aurora she had been observing. It seems the lady was in her
back yard, in the late evening, taking in laundry from the clothesline.
As she shook and folded the bedsheets, the aurora seemed to move in
unison with the flapping bedsheet. She wrote the radio station to tell
them of her discovery.

;-)

Rusty

Old April 4th 06, 07:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

jonathan wrote:

Ice Age, the Meltdown
The first weekend, it's a smash with the kiddies.

Get your official screen saver today.
http://www.iceagemovie.com/index.html

And Environmental Defense announced today
they intend to spend some $100 million over the
next two years on global warming ads.

Their first commercial is out....

"A man stands on a railroad track as a train rumbles closer.
"Global warming?" he says. Some say irreversible consequences
are thirty years away. "That won't effect me."

"He steps off the tracks----just in time. But behind him
is a little blonde-haired girl left in front of the roaring train"

The screen goes black. A message appears....."There's still time".

I love it!

.....Can ya smell it folks...change is in the air.
The debate has been won!

I can't think of any other time in human history I'd
rather be alive.

Jonathan

That's where global warming belongs. In the cartoons.
Old April 4th 06, 09:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

jonathan ) wrote:

: Ice Age, the Meltdown
: The first weekend, it's a smash with the kiddies.

I saw and liked it too! Am I a kiddy?

: Get your official screen saver today.
: http://www.iceagemovie.com/index.html

: And Environmental Defense announced today
: they intend to spend some $100 million over the
: next two years on global warming ads.

: Their first commercial is out....

: "A man stands on a railroad track as a train rumbles closer.
: "Global warming?" he says. Some say irreversible consequences
: are thirty years away. "That won't effect me."

: "He steps off the tracks----just in time. But behind him
: is a little blonde-haired girl left in front of the roaring train"

: The screen goes black. A message appears....."There's still time".

: I love it!

: .....Can ya smell it folks...change is in the air.
: The debate has been won!

And the action is?

: I can't think of any other time in human history I'd
: rather be alive.

Tough to say. Maybe 2106.

Eric

: Jonathan

: s

Old April 4th 06, 09:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Jim Oberg ) wrote:

: "jonathan" wrote in message
: .. .
: "He steps off the tracks----just in time. But behind him
: is a little blonde-haired girl left in front of the roaring train"

: Wow, a reprise of the little girl with the flowers
: and the H-bomb mushroom cloud, during
: the Johnson-Goldwater campaign.

: These power-mad propagandists know no shame.

And since we saw no mushroom cloud...
Old April 4th 06, 09:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:18:56 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my

: Ice Age, the Meltdown
: The first weekend, it's a smash with the kiddies.

I saw and liked it too! Am I a kiddy?

You lack the emotional maturity to be a kiddy.
Old April 4th 06, 09:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:06:48 -0700, in a place far, far away, William
: Elliot made the phosphor on my monitor glow
: in such a way as to indicate that:

: Ever see the envirowhacko literature on how Mt. St. Helen's eruption
: was Reagan's fault for allowing clear-cutting that weakend the lattice of
: tree roots that held the magma pressure down, until greedy loggers
: killed the forest, triggering the eruption?
:
: I'm not making this up grin.
:
: Yah, and a flower child found it hard to take it from me, a hippy, that
: oil deposits have nothing to do with lubricating the continental drift.
:
: How much more sensible that spending your way out of debt,
: balancing the budget by big tax cuts that send jobs over seas,

: Tax cuts that send jobs overseas? Who knew?

: and military acquisition of Iraq's, Iran's and Venezuela's oil
: when buying it would be much much cheaper

: We *are* buying it, you moron. We haven't "militarily acquired" oil
: from any of those countries.

Yeah, with dollars like everyone else. And if no one wants to get hurt
then OPEC will continue to accept dollars and only dollars for their oil.
Sounds like mafia "protection" if you ask me.

Eric
Old April 4th 06, 09:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Jo Schaper ) wrote:
: jonathan wrote:
:
: Ice Age, the Meltdown
: The first weekend, it's a smash with the kiddies.

: In the first Ice Age, the only significant female character is a young
: woman who dies early in the flick, leaving The Kid to be rescued. No
: other female characters (well other than the vampish sloths who almost
: boil Sid) worth mentioning.

There are NO humans in the second film. None! I think it is a better movie
and so did the four kids I brought. All of them.

: I'm never too certain what gender Sid is, anyway.

Does it matter? I'd say male, but only because the name Sid is a male
name.

: In this one, the female mammoth thinks she is a possum.

Only because she was alone as a child (seemingly her parents died) and her
only friends were a pair of possums.

: Hollyweird has merely gotten weirder. On the Road pictures with
: Pleistocene leads.

Please elaborate and explain what you mean here. Hollyweird I get, after
that you lost me. Jack Kerouac?

: Makes me long for the good old days of Jodie Foster as a scientist.

I figured you'd like her more as a young tramp.... (pre Hinckley).

Eric

Old April 4th 06, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history

Eric Chomko wrote:
Jo Schaper wrote:

: Hollyweird has merely gotten weirder. On the Road pictures with
: Pleistocene leads.

Please elaborate and explain what you mean here. Hollyweird I get, after
that you lost me. Jack Kerouac?

Do you recall (have you ever seen?) Bob Hope and Bing Crosby flicks?
There were a whole series of them "On the Road to ....." At least at
least the first Ice Age is very much like them, only that the main
characters here are critters and what I've heard of this plot seems
similar.

Jack Kerouac has nothing to do with it. (Yes, I know. The name of his book.)