Barf and you're grounded!!!

Old July 31st 05, 10:58 PM
Derek Lyons

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote:
I haven't studied anything on space sickness recently, but I get the feeling
that it's much more understood than it was 30 years ago. From what I've
read, nobody got sick on Mercury or Gemini, but after that all bets were
off. Mike Collins wrote in 1973 that "it just didn't make any sense." Some
pilots got sick, others didn't.

shrug It's the same as seasickness - some people do, some people
don't.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old July 31st 05, 11:27 PM
David Lesher

I heard 5-6 years ago that it was very hard to get Shuttle tours,
even for VIP's, because there's a ...lingering odor therein.... from
various crew members who....

I can add a pilot friend "tossed her cookies" on the Vomit Comet...

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old August 1st 05, 03:47 AM
OM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:18:45 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

And not even one word about Firewomen or cute, personality-filled
monkeys,

....And nor did he mention one word about evading mad cows in a field,
or bombardments from overcast geese.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 1st 05, 03:43 PM

How could I forget you Pat! A man that always brings a smile to my
face! Sorry!

Gene

Old August 1st 05, 03:43 PM

Old August 5th 05, 02:37 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:27:20 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher made the sensational claim that:
I heard 5-6 years ago that it was very hard to get Shuttle tours,
even for VIP's, because there's a ...lingering odor therein.... from
various crew members who....

I toured Endeavour in 2000 and I asked if odor was a problem with returning
vehicles. The guy inside said not really, but that it was slightly worse with
the compacting toilet(vs. the dehydrating toilet). I imaging vomit isn't even
that bad.

I think it's the boogers everyone leaves behind[1] you gotta watch out for.

[1] And I was kicking myself after we got out for not thinking of that. Oh
well, at least my fingerprints have gone up on an OMS pod.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't