Russian Astronauts handle explosives on daring spacewalk, whileAmerican chills inside.

Old July 16th 08, 04:25 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,alt.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa
captain.

Default Russian Astronauts handle explosives on daring spacewalk, while American chills inside.

"Hans Metterling" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:49:44 GMT, "captain."
wrote:

snip of bloviating insanity lagniappe

woah, now there's a new word for me.
so you think that his post is actually a small gift?
http://www.bartleby.com/61/80/L0018000.html

Infinitesimal...

well you know what they say: "it's not the gift but the thought that
counts..."

---
The Metterling List

List No. 5

6 undershirts

6 shorts

6 handkerchiefs

has always puzzled scholars, principally because of the total absence of
socks.

-The Collected Laundry Lists of Hans Metterling, Vol. I, 437 pp., plus
xxxii-page introduction; indexed; $18.75,
Venal & Sons

Old July 18th 08, 01:29 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,alt.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa
[email protected]

On Jul 14, 6:56*pm, Hans Metterling
wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:52:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 11, 2:26*am, Hans Metterling

you still mumbling incoherantly mumbling to yourself KKKKomrade Hans
Mettering?

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:18:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 11, 12:03*am, Hans Metterling
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:41:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/.../space_station

*beginning of a telling, and chilling, excerpt from the article, for
fair use and public knowledge

Beginning of an idiot.fart from a xenophobic kook, you mean...

listen, mother ****er, meet me in the middle of the street and say
that. *those astronauts are hardly bolt junkies, chump!

My, what a particularly clever and cogent retort. How masterfully you
refuted every point! Such style! Such bitiing wit! Why, I iz cut to da kwik,
iz I...

---
The Metterling List

List No. 5

6 undershirts

6 shorts

6 handkerchiefs

has always puzzled scholars, principally because of the total absence of socks.

*-The Collected Laundry Lists of Hans Metterling, Vol. I, 437 pp., plus xxxii-page introduction; indexed; $18.75,
Venal & Sons

He got you chickened out, didn't he? *You ever thought of being a
space station astronaut, Hans? *You would fit right in, fella, after
you dropped, what I well imagine, is an extra 75 pounds or so!

Wow, you really told me this time, boy, howdy!

Such style! Suck wit! Such well crafted prose and pithy bon mots! Such
inescapable logic and carefully crafted rhetoric!

I particularly enjoyed how you cleverly you quoted even the sig file,
allowing it to speak for itself rather than muddying up things with a
traditional inline response, or anything else providing a clue as to
context...

snicker

So, your point, genius, is over there in Subliteratemoronville, one must
weight 85 lbs or less to be an astronaut? Or is your point that you're a
moron?

FYI, the 1st seems a bit dubious, but the 2nd comes through loud and
clear...

---
The Metterling List

List No. 5

6 undershirts

6 shorts

6 handkerchiefs

has always puzzled scholars, principally because of the total absence of socks.

*-The Collected Laundry Lists of Hans Metterling, Vol. I, 437 pp., plus xxxii-page introduction; indexed; $18.75,
Venal & Sons- Hide quoted text -

Old July 18th 08, 01:31 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,alt.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 4:23*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Erm, surely these two had already done a lot of familiarisation on the
ground in case of this contingency *as even then *they all knew there might
be a problem.

I don't get all the whinging.

The word I think you were searching for, hoity toity Brian Gaff, when
you said 'whinging'
is 'whining'. just like you brits have been doing since 1776, when
the outcasts of England
took your **** from you!

Tsk, tsk, tsk, boy...... really now, ol' bean! pip, pip, ol' chap!
tallyho!

Brian

*graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them
Email:
__________________________________________________ _________________________*________________________ ___________

wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/.../space_station

*beginning of a telling, and chilling, excerpt from the article, for
fair use and public knowledge

The lone American on board, Gregory Chamitoff, was inside the Soyuz
for the entire six-hour spacewalk in case an emergency required the
two Russians to join him in the capsule. Chamitoff took books, music
and a laptop computer with him to while away the time, and could hear
everything that was going on.

*end * * * * of exce rpt from the article, for fair use and public
knowledge

Yeah, the American just got to hang around inside and wile away inside
the Space Staton, while others did the real work. *Sure, some might
argue that it was the Russians' work to do, since it was their space
vehicle, but that argument would seem a bit infantile and vain.- Hide quoted text -

Old July 18th 08, 01:32 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,alt.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 4:57*am, "Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/.../space_station

*beginning of a telling, and chilling, excerpt

*
* *telling and chilling * ???????????? *:-) *:-)

The lone American on board, Gregory Chamitoff, was inside the Soyuz
for the entire six-hour spacewalk in case an emergency required the
two Russians to join him in the capsule. Chamitoff took books, music
and a laptop computer with him to while away the time, and could hear
everything that was going on.

*end of excerpt .......

beginning of idiotic comment

Yeah, the American just got to hang around inside and wile away inside
the Space Staton, while others did the real work. *Sure, some might
argue that it was the Russians' work to do, since it was their space
vehicle, but that argument would seem a bit infantile and vain.

*end of idiotic comment *:-)

However as a matter of idle interest. Note that one doesn't have to be
of Anglo Saxon origin like Smith or McGee to be a United Statesian.
One can be a Chamitoff and be United Statesian. Which might be a
detail that just might subliminally affect the other two cosmonauts.
--
Rostyk

listen, kraut, get back in yer box!

Russian Spacewalk The Big DP History 17 July 21st 08 06:44 AM
Russian Astronauts handle explosives on daring spacewalk, whileAmerican chills inside. [email protected] Space Shuttle 20 July 19th 08 02:45 AM
NASA to send astronauts to ISS on Russian Soyuz spacecraft John Space Shuttle 4 November 13th 05 01:11 PM
NASA to send astronauts to ISS on Russian Soyuz spacecraft John Space Station 0 November 12th 05 06:52 AM
Space Station Astronauts Take Spacewalk Jacques van Oene Space Station 2 May 9th 05 07:24 AM