Back now with a LM question

Old September 3rd 03, 10:39 PM
adam bootle

Default Back now with a LM question

Hi all,

This is my first visit back for a while after getting fed up with all
that was happening here (I hope its quietened down now )

Anyway back to business, does anyone have a good set of detailed
dimensions for the Lunar Module ? I want to (try to) make some scale
models from scratch, probably in 1/6 scale to match my Dragon models
astronaut.

I know Realspace do a plan set but I cant really stretch to a total of $40
to get them in the UK. Unless someone in the UK already has a set and is
willing to sell them on ?

Cheers all............Adam

--
"I got the farts again Charlie."
John Young, while in the confined space of the lunar module with Charlie

http://adboo.com

Old September 4th 03, 12:42 AM
Charles Samardza

"Brett Buck" wrote in message
adam bootle wrote:
Hi all,

This is my first visit back for a while after getting fed up with

all
that was happening here (I hope its quietened down now )

Anyway back to business, does anyone have a good set of detailed
dimensions for the Lunar Module ? I want to (try to) make some scale
models from scratch, probably in 1/6 scale to match my Dragon models
astronaut.

That's one pretty big model!

Brett

There are some card models available online, I don't have the URL's right
now but they shouldn't be hard to find.

Old September 4th 03, 04:57 PM
adam bootle

Lol, I dont plan on making a full LM. Just the fwd and mid section of the
interior !

Cheers.........Adam

Old September 6th 03, 03:33 AM
Brett Buck

James Steven York wrote:
I've seen a 1/12 Major Matt Mason version that someone put together,
and even that's impressively large. But one could certainly do a
nice, and reasonably-sized, diorama featuring a bit of moonscape, the
LM leg, ladder, porch, and possibly the hatch.

Major Matt Mason! Yes indeed, had all the coolest accesories,
including the diving suit (maybe the coolest doll, er, action figure
accessory ever), and the crawler thingy. All in the Richmond KY,
landfill somewhere.

Last time I saw Major Mason, he had wires sticking out of his elbows.

Brett

Old September 8th 03, 10:14 AM
James Steven York

Tragically we now have the technology to repair all those old Matt's
and Sgt. Storms with broken wires and missing paint. As I kid, I gave
them up as lost as soon as an arm wire broke (a leg wire could be
tolerated for a while) and all of mine are long gone.

These days, I've got a couple of the "Leadworks" Matt Mason knock-offs
from Japan, a nice space station (with an extra level, and that
incorporates at least some of the parts from my original), a space
crawler, and a few odd accessories. I compensate by owning probably a
couple dozen 1/6th scale astronauts (GI Joe, Action Man, and others,
though not, unfortunately, a Dragon "Buzz" or "Buck").

Old September 8th 03, 04:28 PM
Rick DeNatale

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 02:14:43 -0700, James Steven York wrote:

Tragically we now have the technology to repair all those old Matt's
and Sgt. Storms with broken wires and missing paint.

We can even match the paint and cover-up where the kid wrote ANDY on the
sole of the foot!