Does Callisto have any satellites ?

Old June 13th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Does Callisto have any satellites ?

JRS: In article , dated Tue, 13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

PMFBI, but if thats so, then you deliberately ignored it. JRS said
that he reckoned the chances of a newish amateur spotting a new solar
system body before the pros was negligible. You went on to discuss
comets Its true that many of these have been found by amateurs, but
generally by *extremely experienced* amateurs. Hopefully you see the
point.

I do see the point. However, an *extremely experienced* amateur is still an
amateur.

But not a newish amateur, which is why I used the word.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old June 15th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:34:10 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , Dr John
Stockton wrote:

JRS: In article , dated Tue, 13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

no he didn't, I wrote this. Whoever snipped the attribs, please don't
do it, I dislike my remarks being attributed to others.

PMFBI, but if thats so, then you deliberately ignored it. JRS said
that he reckoned the chances of a newish amateur spotting a new solar
system body before the pros was negligible. You went on to discuss
comets Its true that many of these have been found by amateurs, but
generally by *extremely experienced* amateurs. Hopefully you see the
point.

I do see the point. However, an *extremely experienced* amateur is still an
amateur.

But not a newish amateur, which is why I used the word.

And if Donal can't see the difference between my ten year old son with
a pair of bins bought in Tescos, and Levy, Hyakutake et al with
tripod-mounted large-aperture professional kit, then....
--
Mark McIntyre
Old June 16th 06, 12:49 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

"Dr John Stockton" wrote in message
JRS: In article , dated Tue, 13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

I do see the point. However, an *extremely experienced* amateur is still

an
amateur.

But not a newish amateur, which is why I used the word.

That is true. I misunderstood your post.

Regards

Donal

Old June 16th 06, 01:09 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Stockton wrote:

JRS: In article , dated Tue, 13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

no he didn't, I wrote this. Whoever snipped the attribs, please don't
do it, I dislike my remarks being attributed to others.

Huh? Is that a lame attempt at humour? Your post makes no sense.

Regards

Donal

Old June 16th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:09:26 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Donal"
wrote:

.. .
Stockton wrote:

JRS: In article , dated Tue, 13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

no he didn't, I wrote this. Whoever snipped the attribs, please don't
do it, I dislike my remarks being attributed to others.

Huh? Is that a lame attempt at humour?

No, its a serious comment. You or someone snipped the attribution to
my remark. I don't like this, don't do it again to my posts.

Your post makes no sense.

Certainly it doesn't it you snip attributions and make it look like
John Stockton said it.
--
Mark McIntyre
Old June 19th 06, 12:03 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default [OT]Does Callisto have any satellites ?

Stockton wrote:

JRS: In article , dated Tue,

13
Jun 2006 00:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Donal
posted :

no he didn't, I wrote this. Whoever snipped the attribs, please don't
do it, I dislike my remarks being attributed to others.

Huh? Is that a lame attempt at humour?

No, its a serious comment. You or someone snipped the attribution to
my remark. I don't like this, don't do it again to my posts.

Good grief!! I think that you need to get a life, Mark.

Your post makes no sense.

Certainly it doesn't it you snip attributions and make it look like
John Stockton said it.

I really have no idea what you are talking about. Are you looking for an
arguement?

Regards

Donal

Old June 19th 06, 04:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Donal wrote:

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message

No, its a serious comment. You or someone snipped the attribution to
my remark. I don't like this, don't do it again to my posts.

Good grief!! I think that you need to get a life, Mark.

Definitely.

I really have no idea what you are talking about. Are you looking for an
arguement?

He is very much looking for one. It appears that Mark spends a lot of
time prowling Usenet, explicitly looking for trouble. He only ever
joins a thread when there is **** to be stirred. His ****-stirring is
not limited to Usenet, either. On a Yahoo astro mailing list, he once
said that he masterbated many times to the video of the aircraft
crashing into the WTC on Sep 11, 2001. He was promptly banned from that
group. Shame such sad sickos can't be banned from Usenet.