Outside 'scope storage.

Old June 29th 05, 08:02 PM
Jo

In ,
James Hill typed:
"Jo" wrote in message
In ,
James Hill typed:
"Simon Coombs" wrote in message
yes i would be very interested in seeing some pics

Herewith, pictures of my "sheddet"...portaloo...rickshaw...bird hide,
whatever you want to put in it:

http://www.nu-ware.com/ThisAndThat/Org.asf

Or indeed, hat wearing monkeys. ;o)

Cheers,
Jim

OOOOPS!!

Sorry about that, but I hope it cheered up your day. Here is the proper URL

Old June 30th 05, 12:24 AM
Martin Frey

"Jo" wrote:

http://www.nu-ware.com/ThisAndThat

Jo

I'm thinking of something on similar lines - to roll away from a pier
mounted scope.

I reckon I'll need to anchor it very securely or the wind will blow it
against the scope but would be well chuffed indeed if it looked as
nice as yours.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old June 30th 05, 12:51 AM
Jo

In news Martin Frey typed:
"Jo" wrote:

http://www.nu-ware.com/ThisAndThat

Jo

I'm thinking of something on similar lines - to roll away from a pier
mounted scope.

I reckon I'll need to anchor it very securely or the wind will blow it
against the scope but would be well chuffed indeed if it looked as
nice as yours.

Thanks. I'm going to fix mine to those railings that you see in the
background.

Jo

Old June 30th 05, 06:23 PM
Simon Coombs

Hi, nice scope thing, mine is similar, but green, and on wheels, I will post
some pics when its
more finnished, youve done a good job there. do you intend to be out with
your scope whilst in use?
or line it up, and rush in the warm and look at the images on your monitor
with a beer etc?

that was my plan :-)

Simon

Old June 30th 05, 07:59 PM
Jo

In ,
Simon Coombs typed:
Hi, nice scope thing, mine is similar, but green, and on wheels, I
will post some pics when its
more finnished, youve done a good job there. do you intend to be out
with your scope whilst in use?
or line it up, and rush in the warm and look at the images on your
monitor with a beer etc?

that was my plan :-)

Yes, the beer plan in winter and eyeballing when it is comfy outside. Glad
you like the Box.

I've already had first light through the setup. LXD55 SN-10, Toucam Pro 2
(SC3) via long USB, home brew remote focusser, Autostar via long cable. Just
a few moon shots and the local treetops so far. My sessions have been 90%
setting up and tearing down with a bit of observing in the middle, Hence the
Box and, hopefully, a semi permanent scope setup.

This is a stopgap until I get time/motivation/cash for something grander.

Jo

Old June 30th 05, 09:43 PM
Simon Coombs

sounds like we have similar setups in mind, I have a time money space
problem for a bigger project as well so this is a good compromise for me

Simon
"Jo" wrote in message
In ,
Simon Coombs typed: