I'll be back...

Old June 16th 05, 09:24 AM
Pete Lawrence

Default I'll be back...

Finally manged to get out with my ATK the other night. Moon was low
in the west but the seeing wasn't too bad. Next time, I need to leave
enough time to complete the thing ;-)

A bit contrasty but the 200mm Mirage + the ATK 1HS II is a nice
combination.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/ATKtest.html

This is presented at half size.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old June 16th 05, 10:40 AM
Chris Taylor

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Finally manged to get out with my ATK the other night. Moon was low
in the west but the seeing wasn't too bad. Next time, I need to leave
enough time to complete the thing ;-)

A bit contrasty but the 200mm Mirage + the ATK 1HS II is a nice
combination.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/ATKtest.html

A lot of detail there.

Regards

Chris

Old June 16th 05, 10:44 AM

Good results but the scale is too small to appreciate it in full. Keep
up the good work...

Andrea T.

Old June 16th 05, 10:49 AM
Ian Sharp

Nice one Pete - I thought you couldn't get the ATIK to work on you PC, or
was that only with K3CCDTools ?

Cheers
Ian.

Old June 16th 05, 03:05 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:49:56 +0100, "Ian Sharp"
wrote:

Nice one Pete - I thought you couldn't get the ATIK to work on you PC, or
was that only with K3CCDTools ?

It was K3CCDTools glitching on my laptop, When this happened, I was
unable to call up the video properties of the camera - a little
fundamental! An older version of K3CCDTools seems to have done the
trick.
Old June 16th 05, 03:06 PM
Pete Lawrence

On 16 Jun 2005 02:44:25 -0700, wrote:

Good results but the scale is too small to appreciate it in full. Keep
up the good work...

It's big now but still too contrasty IMO.

Old June 16th 05, 03:37 PM

Now I see it. My best guess is that you need to change hystogram
stretching as you're clipping the highlights leaving much in a too
uniform graytone. You have already overexposed few parts so why wasting
mid-tones with these areas?

Best

Andrea T.

Old June 16th 05, 07:26 PM

I see that the image is now back to its former state. Indeed the right
topmost corner was overexposed, for what I could see. Pete can confirm
or deny if my guess is accurate.

Reg's

Andrea T.