Appreceating orbital motion

Old March 4th 05, 08:38 PM
Roger Smith

"Martin Frey" wrote in message
"Roger Smith" wrote:

Do you really have to impose this on us?

Regards, Roger

Sorry - but I am really intrigued that someone can hold view with (I
credit him) some passion yet be so wrong and so unwilling to face
reality. He will continue posting without me - have no fear - whenever
a thread gets uncomfortable he starts a new one. Kill file both of us
if it gets on your tits - we seem to keep the same identities unlike
the dreaded M*n.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk

Martin

I killfiled him but I am loathe to killfile everybody who quotes his inane
messages. The trouble for you is that he won't reply if you respond in
private! You won't win the argument, anyway.
:-)
Regards, Roger

Old March 4th 05, 08:56 PM
Graham W

Martin Frey wrote:
"Roger Smith" wrote:

Do you really have to impose this on us?

Kill file both of us
if it gets on your tits

Done

{Plonk}

Old March 5th 05, 11:43 AM

absence wrote:
On 4 Mar 2005 12:22:00 -0800, wrote:
bilge-water

The astronomical alignment at the Equinox is far too wonderful to
ignore but all cataloguers are concerned with is climatic seasonal
variations or the orientation of the Sun at 90 degrees to the polar
axis.

Making a statement does not make it true!

snip bilge

http://ovt.irfu.se/releases/current/img/elpot_large.gif

Unless you are interested in making a weather prediction for the
Northern hemisphere for the next 6 months and passing it off as
astronomy the real astronomical significance of the alignment of
orbital longitudes with axial longitudes only really surfaces in the
really difficult task of creating a new system of coordinates based on
the solar system's motion around the Milky Way axis.

Cataloguers are content to retain the celestial sphere and the
equatorial orientation coordinates which designates an apparent motion
of the Sun at 90 degrees to the polar axis but as I have said time and
again,cataloguers in the 17th and 18th century were really only
interested in deriving terrestial longitude coordinates from celestial
positions rather than modelling astronomical motions.

Again,I am currently the one person on the planet who can enjoy the
astronomical significance of the upcoming Equinox,what can you do

but
offer a rough climatic prediction for the next 6 months.

You really are big-headed! You exclude billions of people to whom

you have
never spoken and identify yourself as unique!

Try studying some science instead of inventing rubbish.

NG

I do not exclude billions of people,you and your cataloguer/theorist
friends do.

Right now the Earth is rotating through the changing orientation of its
orbital shadow,as the Earth slowly turns in its orbit the dividing line
between the face towards the Sun and its own orbital shadow is slowly
aligning with the axial rotational coordinates.As this orbital division
splits the polar axis at dawn on the Equinox the distinction between
orbital and axial coordinates dissappears.It is a dawn spectacle for
the alignment is always at 90 degrees to the Sun/Earth line.

See it once for the astronomical value it is and you are unlikely to
retreat to the equinox in terms of climatic changes.

Old March 5th 05, 03:57 PM

Graham W wrote:
Martin Frey wrote:
"Roger Smith" wrote:

Do you really have to impose this on us?

Kill file both of us
if it gets on your tits

Done

{Plonk}

--
Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics

Tutorial
Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites &

Maps

There you go Martin,this ****er here thinks he lives in the 17th
century and apply the lockout system of ostracism where even you become
a lesson to others.

The Islamic guys will only be too happy to recover the Equation of Time
correction and apply the correct astronomical attributes to the
difference between axial and orbital motion,orientations and
coordinates while you lot climb into your empirical caves like you have
this past few weeks.

Unless you want to present weather prediction as an astronomical
achievement (equinox/axial tilt) I strongly suggest you get the
astronomical merit system up and running again,use it or lose it
sunshine !.

" If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear
to man as it is: infinite.
For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow
chinks of his cavern."

http://www.kobe-c.ac.jp/~watanabe/blake/mhh.htm

Old March 5th 05, 06:15 PM
barney

Graham W
http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics

There you go Martin,this f***** here thinks he lives in the 17th
century

That's true: Graham still uses obsolete garbage Windows 98.