Appreceating orbital motion

Old March 4th 05, 11:58 AM

You are a cataloguer and I seriously could'nt compete with your
nonsense.You turned the noble discipline of astronomy into little more
than an exercise is celestial birdwatching,fine among yourseves but
ultimately harmful to children.It is harmful because the intuitive
processes which have so many outlets in Western civilisation now are
totally unused or discarded in favor of cartoon perspectives.

Instead of celebrating the upcoming equinox in astronomical
terms,cataloguers retreat into the equinox as the dividing line between
hemispherical differences in weather and I could not not compete with
such an inferior assignment for what actually occurs at the equinox.

Enjoy you childish analemma and the perceived hula of the Sun but you
can forget the powerful astronomical insight hidden in the Equinox.

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/...mma_intro.html

Old March 4th 05, 01:56 PM
John Carruthers

Fascinating. Now I've blocked him I only get the senssible replies.

Thanks Mark, ( ) I'm glad someone isn't taking
it too seriously :-)
jc

--
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jc_atm/

Old March 4th 05, 05:19 PM
ng

Your inability to spell demonstrates your educational capabilities. If you
cannot spell, you cannot convince people that your background has validity.
Until you learn elementary English you do not deserve to be taken seriously.

'Appreciating'

NG

On 2 Mar 2005 05:27:36 -0800, wrote:

Cataloguers hold to the view that the Earth keeps the same face to the
Sun over the course of an annual orbit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_day

There is no axial tilt component in the Equation of Time and it would
be nice to see an astronomer explain to cataloguers why it is not a
good idea to imagine that the Earth rotates constantly to a star every
23 hours 56 min 04 sec despite appearances.

Old March 4th 05, 05:50 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:19:07 +0000, ng ng@forum wrote:

Your inability to spell demonstrates your educational capabilities. If you
cannot spell, you cannot convince people that your background has validity.
Until you learn elementary English you do not deserve to be taken seriously.

'Appreciating'

Perhaps he was intending this post to be about the aftermath of eating
at sea?

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old March 4th 05, 06:23 PM
Roger Smith

"Martin Frey" wrote in message

(snip)

Martin

Do you really have to impose this on us?

Regards, Roger

Old March 4th 05, 06:35 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Martin Frey
writes
wrote:

Cataloguers (and you all are cataloguers) with pretensions to being
astronomers recognise the equinox as the motion of the Sun along an
equatorial celestial sphere at 90 degrees to the polar axis.

I don't think any single contributor to this group confuses the
apparent motion of the Sun with the actual orbital and axial motions
of the Earth.

"Contributor" is the wrong word, but there is one poster :-)
Old March 4th 05, 07:44 PM
Martin Frey

"Roger Smith" wrote:

Do you really have to impose this on us?

Regards, Roger

Sorry - but I am really intrigued that someone can hold view with (I
credit him) some passion yet be so wrong and so unwilling to face
reality. He will continue posting without me - have no fear - whenever
a thread gets uncomfortable he starts a new one. Kill file both of us
if it gets on your tits - we seem to keep the same identities unlike
the dreaded M*n.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old March 4th 05, 07:46 PM
Grimble Gromble

"ng" ng@forum wrote in message
Your inability to spell demonstrates your educational capabilities. If
you
cannot spell, you cannot convince people that your background has
validity.
Until you learn elementary English you do not deserve to be taken
seriously.

Shame on you! Inability to spell has very little bearing on educational
capabilities (many intelligent people are dyslexic).
Grin

Old March 4th 05, 08:22 PM

Martin Frey wrote:
wrote:

Cataloguers (and you all are cataloguers) with pretensions to being
astronomers recognise the equinox as the motion of the Sun along an
equatorial celestial sphere at 90 degrees to the polar axis.

I don't think any single contributor to this group confuses the
apparent motion of the Sun with the actual orbital and axial motions
of the Earth.

Despite repeated requests you have never explained how your system of
360 degree solar days does not fetch up with noon in the middle of

the
night in 6 months time.

Having fallen at the first and most basic fence, it ill behoves you

preach (albeit profanely) about clearing Beechers Brook.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk

The astronomical alignment at the Equinox is far too wonderful to
ignore but all cataloguers are concerned with is climatic seasonal
variations or the orientation of the Sun at 90 degrees to the polar
axis.

When somebody acknowledges that the real astronomical content exists
along the alignment of longitudinal orientation with axial rotational
coordinates then astronomy as a discipline will be restored.

Every single one of you confuses the components of axial and orbital
motion or rather you do what cataloguers do,you scramble axial and
orital motion into a single sidereal motion based on terrestial
latitudinal coordinates at 90 degrees to the polar axis.

Again,I am currently the one person on the planet who can enjoy the
astronomical significance of the upcoming Equinox,what can you do but
offer a rough climatic prediction for the next 6 months.