Any good resources on astronomy/astrology?

Old September 14th 03, 03:45 PM
Nick Roux

Default Any good resources on astronomy/astrology?

Timberwolf wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to the world of astronomy/astrology.

Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
about the topic?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gary Hendricks
http://www.desktop-video-guide.com

I would suggest you start with a dictionary. Look up the words astronomy and
astrology and convince yourself to never, even again write
"astronomy/astrology" as if they mean the same thing.

Nick

--
Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man,
who has no gills.

Old September 16th 03, 08:37 PM
Anders Eklöf

Robi wrote:

Nick, Anders and others that would reply to that poster:

he is a spammer trying to promote his website in the signature.

At least I didn't repeat his sig...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...0&as_scoring=d

he needs to send one to his abuse desk:
Any good website where I can get rid of this spammer?

Try SamSpade or Spamcop.

Old September 16th 03, 09:04 PM
Robi

Anders Eklöf wrote:
Robi wrote:

Nick, Anders and others that would reply to that poster:

he is a spammer trying to promote his website in the signature.

At least I didn't repeat his sig...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...0&as_scoring=d

he needs to send one to his abuse desk:
Any good website where I can get rid of this spammer?

Try SamSpade or Spamcop.

Sorry, it wasn't a question, it was a pun on his MO ;o)

I do use SC, but since I didn't get the original (my News Server blocks NG spam)
I can't submit it ...

--
Robi
(2.8#@ 2.67 yrs)

Old September 17th 03, 11:25 PM
Anders Eklöf

Robi wrote:

Any good website where I can get rid of this spammer?

Try SamSpade or Spamcop.

Sorry, it wasn't a question, it was a pun on his MO ;o)

I do use SC, but since I didn't get the original (my News Server blocks NG
I spam) can't submit it ...

I guessed so, but someone else might want a hint ...

Old September 18th 03, 12:48 AM
Robi

Default link to anti-spam site (topic) and additionally my stats (NG topic) [was: Any good resources on astronomy/astrology? ]

Anders Eklöf wrote:
Robi wrote:

I do use SC, but since I didn't get the original (my News Server blocks NG
I spam) can't submit it ...

I guessed so, but someone else might want a hint ...

ok, then let's add the link, because there are two SpamCop sites and some people
might not know the difference or the link ;o)

SamSpade link: http://samspade.org

and for the SpamCop sites,
this one is the good one: http://spamcop.net
the other spamcop is bad and ends with .com

Ok, I hope this isn't viewed as spamming on my side ;o)

and to stay on topic of the NG:

155 more and I have my 3K ))
and soon it will be my 3rd year with SETI@home

Name (and URL) Robi
Results Received 2845
Total CPU Time 2.683 years
Average CPU Time per work unit 8 hr 15 min 35.6 sec
Average results received per day 2.69
Last result returned: Wed Sep 17 14:10:23 2003 UTC
Registered on: Tue Oct 24 13:20:30 2000 UTC

SETI@home user for: 2.900 years

Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

Your rank out of 4672565 total users is: 69135th place.
The number of users who have this rank: 25
You have completed more work units than 98.520% of our users.

--
Robi
(2.8#@ 2.67 yrs)