Evidence of superior civilization or class 4 civilization

Old July 15th 11, 11:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Andy W

Default Evidence of superior civilization or class 4 civilization

On Thursday, 14 July 2011 03:09:46 UTC+1, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jul 13, 3:52*pm, Andy W wrote:
On Jul 13, 12:57*pm, Joseki wrote:

URL to an interesting article from Daily Galaxy
_http://tinyurl.com/6cbrywg_(http://tinyurl.com/6cbrywg)

If a universe has life in it, then it has the conditions friendly to
life
developing.

"Friendly" is debatable. The vast majority of the known universe could
not support life from Earth. But conditions that do not completely
prevent life, yes. Bit of a tautology though.

Then, once life evolves and starts to develop
technologically,
that life may develop the means to spawn off other universes. They
will
create universes that are friendly to life.

Whoa! Isn't that just a teensy bit presumptuous? You're just blithely
assuming that with sufficient level of technology it is possible to
not only create entire new universes, but also to assign arbitrary
physics to them. And if that wasn't enough, you also presume to know
the motivations of such people, apparently with absolute certainty.

So, we may be the result of a long series of universe spawnings.
Gregory
Benford used something like that in his novel Cosm.

First few paragraphs
"A recent mathematical analysis says that life as we know it is
written
into the laws of reality. DNA is built from a set of twenty amino
acids -
the first ten of those can create simple prebiotic life, and now it
seems that
those ten are thermodynamically destined to occur wherever they can.

Don't assume that just because Event B happens as a consequence of
Event A, that Event A happened with the express intent of causing
Event B.

Andy

Ever heard of directed panspermia? (we could do it as of 50+ years
ago)

I've heard of it, yes. But 50 years ago we could only just put things into orbit. Today we have a handful of space probes at the edges of the solar system, and the beginnings of genetic manipulation. It's not something we can do yet. And while it isn't impossible, I don't see any reason to think it happened here.

Andy
Old July 16th 11, 04:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 13, 3:52*pm, Andy W wrote:
[...]

You got any objective proof of that?

50 years ago we could put microbes on our moon, and just a few years
later we could sperm Mars.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/
http://translate.google.com/#