OT...Jerry Falwell is dead

Old May 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Sylvia Else

Default OT...Jerry Falwell is dead

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Sylvia Else wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Sylvia Else wrote:
:
: :Pat Flannery wrote:
: : He has shed this mortal veil, and has gone to be judged by God.
: : The *******'s got lighter fluid in his hair and a bag of charcoal
: : briquettes up his ass.
: : And now, for my amazing Tracy Flick impersonation from the movie
: : "Election".
: : (Jumping up and down all around the living room, smiling gleefully, but
: : silently, from ear-to-ear, while bouncing so high as to almost hit the
: : ceiling).
: : "HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD!!!!" :-D
: :
: :
: :Indeed, yes. Good riddance.
:
: Gods, you people are UGLY. You can't even wait until the body is cold
: and he's in the ground.
:
: Given this sort of thing, just how are you lot different from him?
:
:
:We differ in that we believe that when his body is cold and in the
:ground, his entire essence will be there, not just part of it.
:

In other words, you're just the flip side of the same ugly coin, but
without any redeeming social graces.

You're to be congratulated for your demonstration that there are even
uglier things than bigoted Christians...

Nothing I say or do can hurt Falwell now.

Sylvia.
Old May 16th 07, 03:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:55:19 +1000, in a place far, far away, Sylvia
Else made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

:We differ in that we believe that when his body is cold and in the
:ground, his entire essence will be there, not just part of it.
:

In other words, you're just the flip side of the same ugly coin, but
without any redeeming social graces.

You're to be congratulated for your demonstration that there are even
uglier things than bigoted Christians...

Nothing I say or do can hurt Falwell now.

Or probably before. But his family and friends...?

There is a reason for the old saying, "De mortuis nil nisi bonum."

You could at least wait until he's in the ground.

Just sayin'...
Old May 16th 07, 03:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Fred J. McCall

Sylvia Else wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Sylvia Else wrote:
:
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : Sylvia Else wrote:
: :
: : :Pat Flannery wrote:
: : : He has shed this mortal veil, and has gone to be judged by God.
: : : The *******'s got lighter fluid in his hair and a bag of charcoal
: : : briquettes up his ass.
: : : And now, for my amazing Tracy Flick impersonation from the movie
: : : "Election".
: : : (Jumping up and down all around the living room, smiling gleefully, but
: : : silently, from ear-to-ear, while bouncing so high as to almost hit the
: : : ceiling).
: : : "HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD!!!!" :-D
: : :
: : :
: : :Indeed, yes. Good riddance.
: :
[...]

That's right. It can only hurt your own image and positions.

And it has.

--
You are
What you do
Old May 16th 07, 03:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
He has shed this mortal veil, and has gone to be judged by God.

I can't say I'm happy he's gone...but I'm not crying, either. He's
personally responsible for a great deal of the damage done to the public
perception of Christianity in the last several years. I'd personally like to
kick his ass for that "Tinky-Winky is gay" crap.

Old May 16th 07, 03:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Herb Schaltegger

On Tue, 15 May 2007 18:53:15 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote
(in article ):

And now, for my amazing Tracy Flick impersonation from the movie
"Election".
(Jumping up and down all around the living room, smiling gleefully, but
silently, from ear-to-ear, while bouncing so high as to almost hit the
ceiling).
"HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD!!!!" :-D

Pat

I like the first line of the obit posted on BoingBoing today:

"Bigoted religious phony Jerry Falwell went to hell today."

ROFLMAO

--
Fear is the path to the dark side...
Fear leads to anger...

Old May 16th 07, 04:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Dale Carlson

wrote:

He has shed this mortal veil, and has gone to be judged by God.
The *******'s got lighter fluid in his hair and a bag of charcoal
briquettes up his ass.
And now, for my amazing Tracy Flick impersonation from the movie
"Election".
(Jumping up and down all around the living room, smiling gleefully, but
silently, from ear-to-ear, while bouncing so high as to almost hit the
ceiling).
"HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD, HE'S DEAD!!!!" :-D

Are you channeling OM now, Pat? Yes, he's dead. Gloating about it
is really tacky.

Dale
Old May 16th 07, 03:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_3_]

On Wed, 16 May 2007 01:03:34 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

:Indeed, yes. Good riddance.

Gods, you people are UGLY.

Falwell, who was among the ugliest of men in the late 20th Century and
early 21st Century America, does seem to bring out the ugly in many
people who discuss him.

What a sad legacy.

Brian
Old May 16th 07, 03:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Fred J. McCall

Brian Thorn wrote:

:On Wed, 16 May 2007 01:03:34 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:
::Indeed, yes. Good riddance.
:
:Gods, you people are UGLY.
:
:Falwell, who was among the ugliest of men in the late 20th Century and
:early 21st Century America, does seem to bring out the ugly in many
eople who discuss him.
:
:What a sad legacy.
:

Indeed. It's sad that there are apparently so many people who think
that being even worse than Reverend Falwell is somehow a virtue.

I don't think Falwell can be blamed for this phenomenon. Those folks
just are as they are. Falwell already has more than a full plate in
the "things to answer for" department without holding him responsible
for the low qualities of some of his enemies.

--
"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one’s
neighbour and this fact goes far to account for religious
Old May 16th 07, 03:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

wrote:

:Indeed, yes. Good riddance.

Gods, you people are UGLY.

Falwell, who was among the ugliest of men in the late 20th Century and
early 21st Century America, does seem to bring out the ugly in many
people who discuss him.

What a sad legacy.

He brought a lot of people together...

From CNN:

in 2001, he blamed the September 11 terrorist attack on "pagans, and the
abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are
actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For
the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America."

He was one intolerant s.o.b. His style of religion/politics is not a good
thing for the US.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old May 16th 07, 04:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:49:12 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

He brought a lot of people together...

From CNN:

in 2001, he blamed the September 11 terrorist attack on "pagans, and the
abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are
actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For
the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America."

Hey, he was a uniter, not a divider!