I'll be back...

Old June 21st 05, 10:00 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:01:10 +0100, Steve
wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/2...-17-mosaic.jpg

Yes - I know you can see the joins ;-)

Yes, but when you get what you want, you'll quickly fix that. Actually, with
all the outstanding shots you produce, it's almost pleasant to see one that
isn't finished and intimidating in terms of trying to match it! ;-)

It's ok Chuck, you can say it's rubbish if you want to ;-)

Pete,

Do you have any notes anywhere on how to process these mosaics ? I'd be
very interested to see links if you have.
Thanks.

No notes but it was always my intention to put a tutorial up on line.
If I get a few moments I'll try and accelerate it's construction.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Old June 21st 05, 10:17 AM
Steve Taylor

Pete Lawrence wrote:

No notes but it was always my intention to put a tutorial up on line.
If I get a few moments I'll try and accelerate it's construction.

I want to know how you DO get rid of the joins !

Steve
Old June 21st 05, 05:14 PM
Norbert

Steve Taylor nous a écrit :

Pete Lawrence wrote:

No notes but it was always my intention to put a tutorial up on line.
If I get a few moments I'll try and accelerate it's construction.

I want to know how you DO get rid of the joins !

I've written this page if you want
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/...alization.html
For the joins, use a blurred edges eraser under Photshop (or PSP or
whatever soft you use).

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old June 21st 05, 06:07 PM
CLT

Yes, but when you get what you want, you'll quickly fix that. Actually,
with
all the outstanding shots you produce, it's almost pleasant to see one

that
isn't finished and intimidating in terms of trying to match it! ;-)

It's ok Chuck, you can say it's rubbish if you want to ;-)

Not rubbish, just something that is possible for others. You and a few
others keep bumping the bar up so high that it is nice to see you set it
back down for a bit. I was starting to wonder if you ever take a bad shot!

Chuck the visual astronomer.

Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Old June 21st 05, 07:30 PM
Beta Persei

"Steve" ha scritto nel messaggio
Do you have any notes anywhere on how to process these mosaics ? I'd be
very interested to see links if you have.
Thanks.

Steve

I tried using iMerge http://www.geocities.com/jgroveuk/iMerge.html with good
and nice results. It's easy to use and makes also corrections for brightness
and contrast. Give it a try and have fun.

--
---
Beta Persei

remove "_nospam" to reply